Nomina: Name Search Tool for iPhones

IT.com

Ceres

I came across Nomina which is a search tool for iPhones and iPod Touch. You enter a name or phrase and the tool will perform the following:

- It checks the availability of domains including .net, .org, .biz, plus many ccTLDs. Unfortunately, I couldn't see a full list on the website.

- The tool searches the USPTO records to see if there's a registered or pending trademark.

- It checks common law usage of the name or phrase. It lets you know how many hits the name turns up in Google, and also checks Dun & Bradstreet, Thomas Guide, US Yellow pages and Reuters News.

There are more features which you can read about on the website. The tool costs $14.99.

Nomina also saves you time. Manually doing a search like Nomina's on your computer can take up to twenty minutes per name. Nomina can do the same search in one minute or much less if you have a good internet connection, like WiFi or 3G.

I prefer do all my research and searches via a computer than via an iPhone (I'm old school :p), but I'm sure there are those who frequently do research via their iPhones. You'd have to bear in mind that the results aren't 100% guaranteed, but can provide you with a brief overview.

What do you think of this tool? Is it something you'd consider using?

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom