'No' to Hindi as court language

Ceres

The Law Commission of India has rejected a recommendation that India's court language be Hindi, rather than English.

The recommendation was made by a parliamentary committee, who want all Supreme Court and High Court judgments delivered in Hindi.

The Commission said: ?Arguments are generally made in higher courts in English and the basic literature under the Indian system is primarily based on English and American textbooks and case laws. Thus, judges at the higher level should be left free to evolve their own pattern of delivering judgments.

?It is important to remember that every citizen, every court has the right to understand the law laid down finally by the apex court and at present one should appreciate that such a language is only English. The use of English also facilitates the movement of lawyers from High Courts to the apex court since they are not confronted with any linguistic problem and English remains the language at both levels.

Source: The Hindu : National : Panel says ?no? to Hindi as court language

Thanks for sharing.

This decision confirms my thoughts that English will continue to be the dominant language as India continues to advance and flourish.

Mei

Thank you for that. Well, i think that most countries are now already using English as their second language. and i think that it is a good thing because English is a universal language and people doesn't already need to adjust and try to learn the languages of different countries whenever they want to go there. it is good for India that they are already learning the language.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C India.com Hindi IDN इंडिया.com starting bid 1 USD External Auctions 2
C prostitute.com in HINDI IDN - वेश्या.com External Auctions 0
A Is it a bad idea to buy Hindi domain names now? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
GNIMUY pomelo in hindi For Sale 0
S Machhalee.com - Hindi dictionary .com - Fish For Sale 0
C से.क्सcom xn--11b3eb2d5a.com Hindi IDN of sex.com equivalent For Sale 0
O hindi .com premium domain names For Sale 0
R hindi words General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
R Hindi slangs General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest Moo.IN Sells@$3K, Artika.com $2K ('Artika' means 'Elder Sister' in Hindi/Sanskrit) | SEDO.com Sales General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest DILLI.com Sells@EUR 12K (appx. $13,451) / ('Dilli' is the Hindi 'transliteration' For 'Delhi' General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
R Hindi content compare to English in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
H Beer.India (बीयर.भारत) Full Bharat Hindi Domain. Offers over $10,000 For Sale 0
domainking131 Google Adsense will now support Hindi General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Jeff Google Adsense now in Hindi Webmaster Forum 3
anquest SHISHA.com Sells For US$190K (Hindi for 'Window(s)/Glass') | HINDIweb.com For $35K General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
K Google AdSense now supports Hindi language Indian IDNs 1
A "My sweetheart" in hindi...check it out!! For Sale 0
A Looking for .com domain in hindi...not idns Domains Wanted 9
M Dictionary domain hindi to english and few others Non-Indian Domains 0
B Indian .coms hindi/urdu generic, one words, brandable, short $1000 budget General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
W Good News: Google has released a Hindi Input app for Android phones General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
W Noting the rise in Hindi language ad spend General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
D Hindi IDN Owner's - Any Traffic? Indian IDNs 2
wot For the Hindi experts here: भारतगणराज्य.com Domain Appraisals 3
indiweb WTS: Google Approved Hindi News Website for sale. Websites 0
S क्रिकेट.tv - Cricket.tv - Hindi For Sale 0
C प्रबंधन.com |Management.com in Hindi External Auctions 0
I Hindi .IN Domains For Sale 1
W Hindi How will Siri / natural language interfaces effect the search engines Webmaster Forum 7
R dot-Bharat domain names in Hindi by May 2012 Indian IDNs 13
ebiz4india Listen AKON latest HINDI Song - Bollywood The Lounge 2
indy Hindi word for "STORE" (please spell it in English) The Lounge 2
I Selling Hindi IDNs .com domains - Please make offer For Sale 0
I Rare Hindi Adult Domains - Adult Domains 1
C First Hindi IDN based website (blog) Indian IDNs 3
S First 5 Figure Hindi IDN Domain Name SOLD! Indian IDNs 2
wot हिन्दी.tv Hindi .tv For Sale 0
M इनश्योरेंस.com (Insurance written in Hindi) Indian IDNs 2
C English the official business language in India - not Hindi. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
I Indian 'Hindi' Domain For Sale For Sale 0
A .in registry creates test IDN names in Hindi and English Indian IDNs 4
C one letter hindi domains ज्ञ.com त्र.com Domain Appraisals 1
C Hindi in English, what's the potential? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Ceres Hindi Version of WordPress Webmaster Forum 8
Ceres Google Contest: Submit Your Hindi Content Webmaster Forum 1
Ceres The Progress of the Hindi Language The Lounge 0
Ceres Delhi HC: Lawyers Want Right to Present Cases in Hindi The Lounge 0
Jeff Virtual Hindi Keyboards Indian IDNs 0
Ceres Facebook available in Hindi, Punjabi, and other languages The Lounge 1