Nic.ac down forever? Help! Serious trouble!

IT.com
hello,
from the last few days im not able to access NIC.AC the registry for .AC domains. i first i thought it to be a problem with my internet connection, so i used proxy but even that didnt help.
And any whois query from any whois website shows "No Match For Domain NIC.AC!" and "Domain Not Available!" and the same output is shown for any .AC domain!

do you know what has happened? is .AC website down or is it having any problems or is it permanently shutdown? if anybody has any info, plz share!

i was thinking about investing in this TLD but with such problems coming up, like the whole registry is not working, then its proving difficult to continue with it!

thanks
Abhishek

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not working for me either.

Their number seems to be +44 1202 430 580 - maybe give them a call on Monday.

Why are you interested in .ac domains?

thanks jeff for the info.

i will try and come back with the update as this NIC.AC isnt working since around last 2 weeks for me! and "this is the height of irresponsibility from a CCTLD registry". so i can surely sense some trouble going on here! maybe their datacenter servers crashed and they forgot to make a backup beforehand xD

if they dont recover soon, then investors in this TLD may loose interest! as even i fear that they might not have backed up the whois data/registration information of .ac owners or their whois service is totally damaged due to which its showing "Not Available" for any and every .ac domain in whois query!

but the good news is that already registered .ac domains are sucessfully loading their parked and website pages! so it brings some relief to existing .ac owners!

still lets wish that they recover soon and lets hope for the better!
cheers,
Abhishek

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! its working even for me! and their slogan is what seems funny to me! coz its up and again after 2 weeks of downtime!

but still i "bet" they have lost some of the registration data from whois! because a domain like cool.ac shows "domain available!" and you can register it xD while that domain is is parked and pointing to a customized sedo parking page xD, man how come an unregistered domain still point to a website's parking page? thats the proof of loss of registration data! and other domainers can take advantage of this and register old domains which have lost their registration data xD

whatever it is im happy that they are back again! xD

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom