New scam using a .com IDN domain, a .site domain and Viber

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
There is a new scam circulating fast using the Viber instant messaging app.

The scam promises a 250 Euro gift card for Sephora in Greece and I was told there are more similar targeting other well known brands and chains. Many other countries could be targeted as well.

The scam works like this. You are added in a Viber group by a friend that tells you that they got a 250 Euro gift card.

Then you are asked to visit a website that looks like sephora-gr.com (that is not even registered) but it really is an IDN .com domain: xn--sephora-r-x6d.com.

You are then redirected to a .site domain name: sephoragift.site.

After you complete a small survey you are asked to enter your mobile phone number and invite 15 of your friends into a Viber group where you share this gift card giveaway info. So you can see this spreads fast.

And that is where I lost it cause I didn’t invite 15 friends. Not sure what happens next. They could ask for your credit card number so you can receive your gift card or ask you to login to your Sephora account, thus turning into a phishing scam.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom