new lease of life for leasing

M.Y

i just saw rick schwartz's interview on domainsherpa(dot)com. he is now brokering 'category defining' domains for lease. this sounds ideal and was my preferred way of domain monetizing. only problem - i have no 'category defining names. have you? and would you consider leasing instead of making a big sale?

M.Y

mainly .com's but other extensions can stlll be submitted if the domain is generic.

I think if you have something that great you should develop it yourself, but if you don't care to do that then you need to take the time to investigate the person or company wanting to lease the name. You don't want to associate your awesome generic with an organization that is going to misuse it.

M.Y

I think if you have something that great you should develop it yourself, but if you don't care to do that then you need to take the time to investigate the person or company wanting to lease the name. You don't want to associate your awesome generic with an organization that is going to misuse it.

it may be the better option if time is against you or if you are busy with other projects. in this case, contract are drawn up to protect both parties.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit BrandBucket will now have a lease-to-own option Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Konstantinos Zournas on how the ‘Lease to Own’ model can be better Resources 0
domainking131 Trending domain name keywords: crypto, financing, leasing, lease, equipment Non-Indian Domains 0
Thedomainbaron Recyclable.in Is now Available for Sale or Lease.... For Sale 4
J0hn0 lease.....6india/com/co/net/info/org/biz REG price For Sale 0
webmaster75 Rent/Lease playwhist.com Non-Indian Domains 0
I www.ilovechennai.com for lease For Sale / Advertising 0
domainventure Lease a domain? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
D Topjobs.co.in available for sale or on long term lease! For Sale 0
Digital Pandit Sold for $175,000 My.Life is now a successful meditation app New GTLDs 0
T What is Domain Parking and Domain Life Cycle in the Digital World? Parking 0
Digital Pandit Donuts gets $175,000 from the sale of my.life New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit You can hold domain names for life Resources 0
Digital Pandit Samsung gears up for CES 2020 launch of Neon.life New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Assurity Life Insurance Company lost UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ The Life, The Death and The Rebirth of the Industry of Domains The Lounge 0
domain investor Expatriate.life Domain - Ideal for Developing as Website External Auctions 1
DNJournal.com Adapt or Die: How Alan Dunn Embraced Change to Master Domains and Find a New Mission in Life The Lounge 0
domainking131 How to Negotiate as If Your Life Depended on It Resources 5
anquest GoFundMe.IN Sells@$3.5K, Authentic.LIFE $2.5K, Shop.TRAINING EUR 2K (appx. $2.3K), SEDO Sales General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
techno Virtual Life - Top VR Domain For Sale 1
DNJournal.com A Walking Miracle: After Getting a Second Chance at Life Richard Lau is Determined to Give Back The Lounge 0
anquest Anmol.IN Sells @ $1.1K, 988.XYZ $3K, Robots.LIFE $2.5K, 888.LINK GBP 1,888 (appx. $2.8K), SEDO Sales General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest Simple.CHAT / SportWetten.CLUB Sell For €2,999 (appx. US$3,329) Each | APP.LIFE $1,310 New GTLDs 0
CyberKing Domain Name Life cycle explained! Webmaster Forum 0
L QR-CODE.CO.UK | 450,000 exactly searches/month | Most popular code used in Life!!! External Auctions 0
CyberKing Life expectancy in India goes up by 5 years in a decade The Lounge 0
ebiz4india Few QUOTES ABOUT LIFE...! The Lounge 2
ebiz4india Life Cycle of a Typical gTLD Domain Name The Lounge 0
C Do you believe the is life on other planets:? The Lounge 4
V Positive things in the life. The Lounge 3
Digital Pandit DNW Podcast: Domain leasing and selling domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit "Domain name leasing" focused marketplace launched by .CLUB New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Chris Zuiker on the Leasing.com Rebrand Non-Indian Domains 0
Parth Leasing domains and other ways of earning Business and Economy 4
DomainSherpa verything You Need to Know About Domain Name Leasing (Including Example Agreement) The Lounge 0
CyberKing Our first How To article : Domain Name Leasing Legal Issues and Dispute 0
the_poet Domain Leasing General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6