Netandhost.com Spamming And Sending Misleading Emails

IT.com

Neo

Hey Folk,

Today i got this mail.. is this true ?

Dear Customer, * *

It is our privilege to keep you informed about special rates offered by Netandhost.com for transfer of your .IN and CO.IN domains to us. The .IN Domain price is as low as Rs.550/- while the CO.IN Domain is Rs.299/-. With every transfer 1 year renewal is free.
We hope you benefit from the offering and contact us right away to have your domain transfered.
Thank you *

Netandhost.com
Sales and Support
Team Phone : +91-44-32560505, 6456 0606

Re: every transfer 1 year renewal is free ??

I'm not entirely sure, but it may be that they're charging you for the transfer and offering you a free year, instead of giving you a free transfer and charging you for the first year. Just some marketing junk?

I just talked with them it is purely a marketing junk ? they gave example that if your domain is expiring on 1st March, 2009 and you use our transfer rates then domain get transfer and same is renewed till 1st March, 2010 ?

So what is new in that ? when you transfer domain it also renewed for one year, Net and Host think people are illetrate and donot know the tricks ? we should file complaint with .IN registry as email give impression that in Rs. 550 you get two year renewal (one year for transfer and another one is free as they offered)?

Interesting, I just got the same email.

I have no prior business relationship with Netandhost.com.

They emailed me at an email address that I only use for domain whois - so they are obviously scraping .in whois data and mass mailing based on that. If they were an American company, this would be a clear violation of the CAN SPAM act.

I agree that the email is very misleading - it sounds like they are offering as a free bonus something that you are already paying for anyway.

I already forwarded my complaint to .In registry at (legal@nixi.in), and request you to forward such complaint to .In registry so nobody will dare to do the same in future. I already wrote .in registry that I am not having any business relation with them then How i got such email ?

ADDED More:

I also mark CC to netandhost (for removing my email from their spam database) at the email address on their website abuse@netandhost.com for spam complaints....same is bounced back with message No such user exist ? it shows how they work and when I try to find their contact address on their website but No address is found ? How .In registry give accrediation to this kind of companies ?

They should be ban by .In registry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Indian. The problem is that they are spamming and the promotion is very misleading.

Generally, I'm all for promotions :D

Well, the fact of the matter is that they are not the only ones who market it this way..I have come across a couple of registrars who promote transfer-ins by saying that you get one additional year free..I mean this too sounds misleading as the registrant might be confused thinking if its 'just one year' or 'one year above the one year' that he would get nevertheless..

But, ya sending Spam mails to registrants definitely sucks big time..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom