Name drive parking.

IT.com

newbiedomainer

Hi i had a domain parked with namedrive. Now i would like to develop it. SO i have to transfer it to my host. I changed nameservers but to no effect. What to do now.

You don't need to transfer the domain - just change the nameservers.

Once you change the nameservers, it can take up to a day (and sometimes longer) for the new nameservers to propagate across the internet. So, if you've just made the change, wait a day or so.

Hi is there a way to know whether the change has taken place other than checking the actual website. I heard a term called domainwash.

Jeff,
While we are on the topic of parking, I chose to forward my domains instead of changing the nameservers. Is there a difference? Any advantage of one over the other?

--Chris

@newbiedomainer - you can do a whois lookup and see what the nameservers are - make sure they are the correct ones.

Also, most hosts have a way of viewing your site via IP address. Checking that would help you isolate whether there is a hosting problem or a nameserver problem.

@gentlesavage - People argue for both sides. I don't think that there is much difference between the two.

The parking companies generally recommend changing the nameservers, and that is what I do.

There are small pluses and minuses. If you change nameservers, then urls like domain.com/index.html will resolve properly.

OTOH, if you forward your domains, I believe that you can set your own title and probably a few other things - it should leave you with better control over the page.

Some people say that forwarding domains can help them rank in the search engines, but I've never seen this.

I think that it's pretty much 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. You can always test things out to see what works best for you.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom