The National Arbitration Forum has released statistics relating to the NAF domain name dispute resolution for 2008:
* In total, there were 1,770 cases filed.
* Nearly all cases filed (98%) involved UDRP domain names, like .com and .org; the rest involved usDRP domain names with the .us extension.
* Panelists heard and decided 1,477 cases; parties worked together to settle many of the rest.
* By the end of 2008, over 10,600 disputes were filed with the National Arbitration Forum.
* Panelists resolved 9,470 of those cases, while the parties settled many of the rest.
Notable 2008 decisions involved trademarks such as American Girl, Anheuser-Busch, Canadian Television, Patrick Dempsey, We The People LLC, and YouTube.