My take: Factors I keep in mind while buying Geo Domains

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
Hi Flippers,

I am a very avid flipper of geographic domain names. I keep the following things in mind before buying one:

1. the extension is preferably ".com"
  2. the population of the area is medium to large
  3. the name consists of relevant products, services, professions or industry
  4. the size of the industry and the demand for product/service/products is big enough so that they provide me with a large list of prospective buyers
These factors have worked great for me.

If you think I have missed some checks and or can add more checks before "clicking on the buy button" for geo domains, do comment on the thread :)

Thanks in advance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M.Y factors for buying domains Non-Indian Domains 2
Ceres Factors to Consider When Valuing a Domain Name Domain Appraisals 3
Prashant Sharan DAN now provides an option to keep your sales private Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy signs up 30 partners to help small business keep afloat Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Amazon prevails in the fight to keep dotAmazon New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Ethos Capital wants to keep Public Interest Registry for a while Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: A Reason to Keep Deals Private Resources 0
Prashant Sharan .eu domain owners in the UK may keep their domains post BREXIT Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Two More Six-Figure Sales Help Keep the Early 2019 Domain Sales Season on Track The Lounge 0
JulienJ WebMD can keep its IVI.com domain, panel rules Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Why Did Michael Berkens Keep Adult Domains & New gTLDs? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 How to keep a domain registration private Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Keep yourself updated with what .COMs and .NETs are getting registered Resources 2
R FIFA football youth world cup domain....should I keep or sell Domain Appraisals 5
DNJournal.com 6-Figure Sale at Sedo and Clamor for Country Codes Keep Cash Registers Ringing Non-Indian Domains 0
D What to put at .in domains to keep them safe?? Legal Issues and Dispute 6
D WTS: How to park domains and keep 100% revenue. Park unlimited domains. This is crazy For Sale / Advertising 0
wot Keep it clean -only $2250 for all 4! For Sale 0
C Some registrar keep the domains after Expiration Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 1
T Which of these would you DROP and which would you KEEP??? Domain Appraisals 9
T Full Portfolio - WHICH ONES SHOULD I KEEP?? Domain Appraisals 6
Ceres How do you keep track of your domains? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
S An easy tip to keep derpression at bay. The Lounge 1
Prashant Sharan DoseBuy, a new Domainer who isn’t afraid to speak his mind - interview with Morgan Linton Resources 0
JulienJ Buying domain name with one buyer in mind Resources 0
domainking131 Elon Musk tweets about X.com and the Internet loses it’s mind Non-Indian Domains 0
ebiz4india Mind Blowing .IN Domains - OFFER For Sale 1