.MX landrush is on

IT.com

msdomains

Folks,

I just bumped into .MX landrush! Seems like it has been on for a while. Price of 1 domain reg on Godaddy is $599.99 :eek:.

.MX Landrush Phase Now Open! - EuroDNS Domain Industry News - Search and Register european and asian domain names. Find the latest offers and discounts for domain name registration. - EuroDNS SA states that eurodns has a dutch style pricing, where the domain reg price is reduced daily till the end of landrush - Oct-31st. So keep an eye out.

I should mention that a lot of English and spanish domain names are still available. Reg price apart, what do you guys make of the potential of the .mx domain vis-a-vis a .com or .in domain, and how soon could one see liquidity in those?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Not my area of expertise but:

-I'd wait until the price hits the bottom or near bottom before registering any (depends on how great the term is and how fast the domains are being registered).

-I think that Mexico has a lot of the same fundamentals as India, so I would expect .mx domains to do well.

-I think that in the long run .mx should do better than .com.mx, but at this point it's just speculation as .mx is so new and .com.mx is established.

-I'd stick to Spanish terms rather than English terms (and keep in mind that Mexican Spanish is different than Spain Spanish).

Thanks Jeff, for your comments. What would be a good price let alone rock bottom price to reg during a landrush? This is my 1st and have no clue. What's worse is it is
I do not know spanish, let alone colloquial Mexican spanish.

Now that all countries have ccTLD's are there opportunities for future landrushes?

Thanks Jeff, for your comments. What would be a good price let alone rock bottom price to reg during a landrush? This is my 1st and have no clue. What's worse is it is
I do not know spanish, let alone colloquial Mexican spanish.

Now that all countries have ccTLD's are there opportunities for future landrushes?

I believe there will be a lowest price at the end of this month ( reducing daily?), around $35.

Potential for .mx but not terribly exciting- if you are not sure simply stay away. I have a couple I may try for at the cheaper pricing but if they are not available at that time it will be of little concern.

Genuine cctld of major countries certainly have potential but care and research is needed. I have gone for idn.cn as my newest niche but I have an advantage as I like Chinese food. ;)

I was visiting in mexico for a little over a week, and i saw alot of .com.mx names. I do believe .mx has good potential,but, i'm too preoccupied with .in and the top 4 TLDs, so i think i'll opt out of this extension. I would only reg premium names IMO...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom