Morgan Linton suggests VaultPress plugin on Wordpress

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
One of the things I’ve always really appreciated about WordPress is the incredibly rich plugin ecosystem. You’ve heard the phrase, “there’s an app for that” well in the world of WordPress it’s pretty safe to say that for just about anything you’d want to do, “there’s a plugin for that.” From SEO to managing blog ads, security to customization, plugins make it possible to do so much without writing a line of code.

There is one plugin that I actually pay $29.99/month for and it’s worth every penny. If there’s one plugin that you do spend money on as a blogger, this is the one that I do think is absolutely worth it. The plugin I’m talking about is VaultPress.

VaultPress is made by Automattic which is the company that makes WordPress and is the best plugin out there for backups and security. Along with doing comprehensive backups of your site (in realtime if you pay the $29.99/month which is pretty badass) they also have a really cool security feature. If your site gets hacked, or infected with a virus or malware, Vaultpress can actually automatically fix these issues.

This feature alone makes it worth it. A few years ago someone hacked my WordPress install and put malware on my blog. I hired a WordPress pro to come in and fix everything which cost me around $1,500. With Vaultpress, this could be fixed instantly and in many cases it would never happen because Vaultpress would detect a security hole before a hacker can exploit it.

Source

Do any of you here use this plugin?
What do you recommend?

It may be an effective plugin but $29.99 a month is more revenue than some small sites make. If you've got lots of wordpress sites, that's going to get expensive.

I use Wordfence, if Wordpress is live, but I also use Wordpress flatfiles for sites I don't update often. Generate the site using wordpress on an offline server, save the output as flat files (html and images) and upload those to some webspace. It runs faster, uses fewer resources, and there's no admin or database to hack.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom