Morgan Linton explains why not to worry about .IO going away

IT.com

Digital Pandit

Country flag
News has rippled through the domain name world about a change of ownership for .IO. I wrote about this last week when I covered a critical vote that went massively in favor of the UK losing control of .IO.

Since then, I’ve read a lot of different stories, many painting a picture of doom and gloom for .IO and hypothesizing that the domain extension could just go away.

Sorry but while this might make for a catchy headline…it’s just not realistic. It’s actually incredibly simple IMO so it won’t take me too long to break this down. Here’s the scoop.

.IO has become very popular in the startup world, there are companies that have received tens of millions of dollars in funding that use .IO as their primary domain. People are continuing to buy and brand on .IO domains, and whether you love them or hate them, it doesn’t change the fact that there are a lot of .IO names registered and in-use.

Read the full post here

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom