Mobile Advertising?

Discussion in 'Webmaster Forum' started by Ceres, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Ceres

Ceres New Member

Have you ever considered advertising via mobile phones?

I read a recent press release that states Indian telecommunications company Reliance Communications (R-Com) will soon broadcast ad-funded videos on their mobile phones. The videos will be free to R-Com subscribers.

I wonder how successful the ads will be, and whether it costs a pretty penny to place an ad on such videos. Most people have mobile phones, so it's not surprising that mobile advertising is getting popular.

2. Postman

Postman New Member

I’m not familiar with advertising on mobile phones. I wonder how it would look like. I guess that I have to wait first to find if it converts or not.

3. Ceres

Ceres New Member

Interesting article on ITExaminer.com that talks about ads included in SMS text messages. The article suggest that advertising via SMS will only work if mobile users' personal details are filtered.

That makes sense. It also highlights how and why operators track your actions. There's no such thing as privacy. :eek:

Hey, it's a bit like London Transport - you'll get there in the end.

4. Ceres

Ceres New Member

Nokia India recently did a study on mobile advertising. I'm surprised to read that some mobile users actually click on banner ads. I would imagine banner ads are even more annoying on mobile phones than on your regular PC. :eek: