Mobil.in INDRP decision

IT.com

Ceres

In the Mobil.in case, the respondent willingly transferred the domain to Mobil Petroleum Company after being made aware of the complaint:

On 24th January 2010, the Respondent informed me by email that mobil in German means mobile in English. He had plans developing this website under the disputed domain name <mobil.in>. He came to know that Exxon Mobil had an interest too in the disputed domain name <mobil.in>.

The Respondent has not even been aware that Exxon Mobil internationally uses the domain mobil and there can be a conflict. And he is not in the least interested in any form of using domains of big, international companies. Considering all this he agreed to give this disputed domain name <mobil.in> to the Complainant. He was ready to send the transfer code for a fast processing via email.
I didn't know that mobil means mobile in German.

We have seen a few Indian domains that target a German and/or international audience. Example here.

BTW, as mentioned here, the domain was parked and showed links related to the oil industry. My guess is that they were automated links.

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom