Mitsu Case Update

IT.com
Anyone get their auth codes yet? I submitted a request more than 48 hours ago, and they are still working on it...

NIXI probably realized that this method of sending auth codes was not working, since the gaining registrar will only get payment for one year, instead of three
They will have to transfer to some registrar and ask that registrar to collect payment

Hello everyone

I'm very upset about this situation for many reasons.

For 3 years NIXI denied us access to our domains and left us in the dark as to what was happening.

Now NIXI sends an email saying we have only 15 days to "complete the transfer process"?! That is an unreasonably short period of time. And they've also requiring us to get auth codes from them and prove who we are? Why do I have to prove who I am when the domains are in my Mitsu account and NIXI sent an email to my Mitsu account email? And to make matters worse, they're taking days to respond and send auth codes when they only gave us 15 days?

Worst of all is this... "You would also be required to pay the renewal fee for your domains from it's original renewal date." ARE THEY SERIOUS? Why should we pay for something that we had taken away from us and had no access to?

For 3 years, Whois registration info hasn't shown owner's names. Our info was removed and it shows as "NIXI Holding Account". And they think it's reasonable that we pay for the time that we didn't have the domains???

Does Nixi want the domain community to know how they've handled this situation? Do they want people to know that domain owners had their domains taken, didn't know if or when they'd get them back, received no updates, and then got an email saying you have 15 days to act and we're making you pay for the years we had your domains??? Do they realize how bad this makes them look?

NIXI should have apologized and be embarrassed. Mitsu was THEIR accredited registrar. Domain owners did nothing wrong. We've already been punished by not having access to our domains. We should have 30 days to transfer and only pay for the transfer. THAT is fair and reasonable.

If NIXI chooses to treat domain owners unfairly, I'll spread the word of what has happened on every forum and domain related site that I can find. I'll submit articles to all of the major domain news sites. People should know what happened and how NIXI handled this situation before they register an Indian ccTLD. NIXI's reputation will suffer.

Leo

What .IN registry email address did you guys email to request your Auth Codes? Is it techsupport@registry.in? registrantsupport@registry.in?

Also, which registrar have you found to be the cheapest for your transfers? I've found NameSilo to have the lowest prices at $6.25.

I honestly think that we need to contact NIXI now and express our frustrations. We should not wait.

It seems as though some people are waiting many days for Auth Codes. And we still don't know for sure if we're being charged for the years we didn't have our domains. Although Aubits said that he knows someone who did not have to pay back renewal fees, that may have been a mistake by NIXI (after all, they seem to be completely disorganized and apparently were not ready to promptly send Auth Codes).

Hi Jeff

Who/what is vijayakumar.siddaiah@team.neustar ?

Do you mind sharing where you plan to transfer your domains?

Is there any confirmation about being charged for the years we did not have access?

Thanks

I am sure that they are working on it, but I don't think we are going to get the auth codes any time soon.

I've been emailing:
techsupport@registry.in
Registry@nixi.in
vijayakumar.siddaiah@team.neustar
janki@registry.in

I always get a polite response, but there is never any progress.

What I am hearing is that the whole process is a manual one - there is a lot more involved than just providing auth codes - this could take months.

I am also hearing that so far the Registry is insisting on the 3 years of renewal fees. I don't know whether this is set in stone though.

What I am hearing is that the whole process is a manual one - there is a lot more involved than just providing auth codes - this could take months.

I am also hearing that so far the Registry is insisting on the 3 years of renewal fees. I don't know whether this is set in stone though.
Yes that is what am hearing now as well. Manual process for charging the extra fees for prior years. Someone else I know got the codes today , but many are waiting.

Yes that is what am hearing now as well. Manual process for charging the extra fees for prior years. Someone else I know got the codes today , but many are waiting.
How many domains does the person have with Nixi?

Okay, i got auth. i think they want us to pay for hold period as well.

Greetings Mukesh Kumar,

Thank you for sharing the documents. NIXI has verified the same and approved domain transfer to a new registrar.

Domain Name: lll.co.in

Auth Code: _YStup!du+are3n1

Total No of Renewal Period: 3 Years

Please note that there will be Transfer and renewal charges applicable towards the domains by your new registrar. Please contact your new registrar for more details.

Please let us know the details of the registrar you wish to transfer your domain(s) to. We will share your request with the gaining registrar and “unlock" your domain(s) only after receiving their confirmation.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

I have also received Auth codes for several of my domains but the domains are itself locked, thus unable to transfer and so the process is manual. You won't be able to transfer the domain yourself. You need to then notify the registry where you want to transfer. They will contact the new registrar and probably ask them to collect previous years renewal fees to proceed with transfer...
Yes, few users (i know) have been lucky ones who have been handed Auth codes with domains unlocked and they have been able to successfully transfer as well. Sadly not me...

I have also received Auth codes for several of my domains but the domains are itself locked, thus unable to transfer and so the process is manual. You won't be able to transfer the domain yourself. You need to then notify the registry where you want to transfer. They will contact the new registrar and probably ask them to collect previous years renewal fees to proceed with transfer...
Yes, few users (i know) have been lucky ones who have been handed Auth codes with domains unlocked and they have been able to successfully transfer as well. Sadly not me...
How many domains do you have with them? Which documents did you provide?

I received my Auth codes and this is what I learned so far. As per NIXI's request, I have let them know my registrar of choice (Dynadot). NIXI will contact Dynadot and they will arrange the payment for each domain I'm transferring. After that, Dynadot will contact me and, upon my confirmation, will start a transaction for these domain names.

Their first email letting us know about this, after saying nothing for 3 years, said we had 15 days to transfer... that's only 2 days from now.

Why didn't they give more time and tell everyone in the first email what the process was going to be??

This entire issue has been handled so badly. I assue that people who have requested auth codes and are waiting will be allowed to complete transfers.

I received my Auth codes and this is what I learned so far. As per NIXI's request, I have let them know my registrar of choice (Dynadot). NIXI will contact Dynadot and they will arrange the payment for each domain I'm transferring. After that, Dynadot will contact me and, upon my confirmation, will start a transaction for these domain names.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom