Mitsu Case Update

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
This is from an email Mitsu sent to clients yesterday:

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - WHY SOME OF YOUR .IN DOMAIN NAMES ARE SHOWN AS SUSPENDED OR NOT RENEWED OR RENEWAL FAILED EMAIL GOT FROM MITSU ?. This issue is with certain .IN domain names only.

Some of the .IN/.CO.IN or .Bharat Domain name(s) which you can see as suspended in our control panel are those domain name(s) which is locked at registry level (some of the names you can see suspended even before the expiry) and on these domain names you cannot do any action including renewal / change of Nameserver / any contact modifications or Transfer etc. from our control panel . These names are locked by the order of Mumbai High Court after registry moved these names in their account without informing us. We have taken care that our registrant get minimal suffering and we are not deleting our DNS zones right now but may delete the same in future. We try our best to support registrant but .IN registry is doing its all efforts where our registrant does not get support.

Please also note that currently this suspension will not effect resolution of your domain name which mean domain name website and emails will work as it was working previously, As even after the expiry your domain name will work fine but make sure that your hosting should remain active , as you are not able to change the Nameserver on these names due to lock on domain names so currently you donot have any liberty to change your hosting, If your domain name (s) are using our Free DNS / Free emails / Free forwarding services and you paid for renewal then we will not delete your order from the system and same will resolve normally. In case if you are using our FREE DNS then you have liberty to change your hosting /Email service providers pointing.

Initially we were accepting the renewal amount from customers on some of the domain names because these names are either using our Free DNS / Free emails / Free forwarding services or in some cases domain names was part of bundled offering with Webhosting/SSL/Business Email so if we delete or suspend those names then all services will stop. ( If our system donot find any renewal action on these names then our system will delete these names on pre-setted deletion cycle from control panel and DNS zone attached to domain name too get deleted) , so for the sake of registrant we accepted the renewal payment , but.IN registry donot want registrant to get support and creating all sort of trouble for them with sole intention to defame Mitsu. So we decided to suspend those domain names which is currently under registry lock. If we delete the DNS zone then there will be a huge outrage and lot of names will stop working which will create a issue for registry.

We hope that these names are unlocked soon and you are able to manage them as you do it before. Or if you made any payment for renewal of any of locked domain names and you want refund then we can process the same and delete the domain name on expiry from our system, please note that domain name will not be deleted from registry. If you are using our Free DNS / Free emails / Free forwarding services etc. then sites will stop working after deletion from our system. Rest assured your domain names are still safe and secure at registry. If you asked for refund and request processed then we will delete the expired domain names from our system, in that case you need to keep watch on the name and whenever domain names are unlocked by the registry, you need to proceed according to outcome of legal process at that time. Currently we failed all RENEWAL actions placed on these LOCKED names and payment if any made by you is placed in your Mitsu account so we can use this payment to renew the domain names as soon as they are unlocked.

For further details you may contact .IN registry at registrantsupport@registry.in or call them on their support line "+91-11-4820-2011" or take further contact details from www.registry.in , Currently domain name is in NIXI Holding account so they are the responsible person to satisfy all your queries. It is their duty to give proper details to registrant and update them with proper resolutions instead of providing resolutions to selected few.

I have also not received this email from Mitsu.

My domains are now in the status "Suspended"

Thanks for any further information

I'm from Italy.

I'm only hope that my domains will not be deleted without my consent, some of them are good.

The domains won't be deleted. Everything is frozen until the legal case is done.

The domains won't be deleted. Everything is frozen until the legal case is done.

Ok, I hope so and that soon there will be a solution, lets see what happens.

Mitsu has mentioned that zones may get deleted, who is paying all expenses now

I have not received any communication from Mitsu. When I asked about my domains they said me that are managed by NIXI and to contact them.

Recently I successfully changed DNS servers for one these domains suspended, even if it took few days and I had to sent my identity card. I sent the request to registry.in and they told me that my request had been forwarded to NIXI.

This is from an email Mitsu sent to clients yesterday:

Thanks Jeff for updating on this, we are really looking forward to get this dispute fixed in order to handle domains as we use to.

Can anyone share the when it will be going to resolve the dispute issue being held between mitsu and nixi.
I just want to know the maximum time ?

Thanks Jeff for updating on this, we are really looking forward to get this dispute fixed in order to handle domains as we use to.

Can anyone share the when it will be going to resolve the dispute issue being held between mitsu and nixi.
I just want to know the maximum time ?
Earlier they had indicated it would be resolved in March, now they claim that the next step will be taken in May 2018

Yes, next step is May.... no guarantee that the case will be finished then.

jeff thanks for reply, that's truly quite unfortunate as I am willing to acquire some premium .in domains.
anyway, shall wait until God gets it resolved :) :)

Last edited:
I logged this morning in Mitsu and now I see a different message in my Mitsu control panel:

"Please contact us to remove this restriction
Your domain has expired. Any Services dependent upon the domain will not work.
Renew it now before it gets deleted from our system. Or Remind me Later"

I'm going to write to Mitsu support to ask how to proceed if I want to renew my domains with them.

Below the answer from Registry.in and this important document I found on their website:

https://registry.in/system/files/IMPORTANT_NOTIFICATION.pdf

"Dear Registrant

In response to your email below, it is informed that by order dated 20.10.2017 NIXI has terminated the accreditation of MITSU Inc. In view of the dispute between NIXI and MITSU Inc is pending, NIXI is not in a position to renew or transfer or update contact details in the domains.

Please understand that your domain is safe in the NIXI holding account and will not get deleted. Actions relating to renewal, transfer or updating contact details will be carried out by NIXI only on the orders of the Court.

You are requested to view the Important Notification for Registrants of de-accredited registrar MITSU Inc published in www.nixi.in and www.registry.in.

Please note that NIXI is taking all measures necessary to protect the rights of the innocent registrants. As the matter is sub-judice, NIXI will take necessary steps as per the orders of the Court.

We request your patience and understanding in this regard."

Is the domain name resolving

If you are referring to the domain for which I asked the DNS change days ago yes, it works properly.

The above NIXI message is in response to my question about the fact that in my Mitsu control panel I see this message:

"Please contact us to remove this restriction
Your domain has expired. Any Services dependent upon the domain will not work.
Renew it now before it gets deleted from our system. Or Remind me Later"

I aksed to Mitsu support about the situation and they replied with the below answer.

The situation seems intricate, I also hope in a sudden resolution.

EMAIL FROM MITSU SUPPORT:

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - WHY MY .IN DOMAIN NAMES ARE SHOWN AS SUSPENDED OR NOT RENEWED OR RENEWAL FAILED EMAIL ?. This issue is with certain .IN domain names only.

Some of the .IN/.CO.IN or .Bharat Domain name(s) which you can see as suspended in our control panel are those domain name(s) which is locked at registry level (some of the names you can see suspended even before the expiry) and on these domain names you cannot do any action including renewal / change of Nameserver / any contact modifications or Transfer etc. from our control panel . These names are locked by the order of Mumbai High Court after registry moved these names in their account without informing us. We have taken care that our registrant get minimal suffering and we are not deleting our DNS zones right now but may delete the same in future. We try our best to support registrant but .IN registry is doing its all efforts where our registrant does not get support.

Please also note that currently this suspension will not effect resolution of your domain name which mean domain name website and emails will work as it was working previously, As even after the expiry your domain name will work fine but make sure that your hosting should remain active on these names as you are not able to change the Nameserver due to lock on domain names so currently you donot have any liberty to change your hosting, If your domain name (s) are using our Free DNS / Free emails / Free forwarding services and you paid for renewal then we will not delete your order from the system and same will resolve normally. In case if you are using our FREE DNS then you have liberty to change your hosting /Email service providers pointing.

Initially we were accepting the renewal amount from customers on some of the domain names because these names are either using our Free DNS / Free emails / Free forwarding services or in some cases domain names was part of bundled offering with Webhosting/SSL/Business Email so if we delete or suspend those names then all services will stop. ( If our system donot find any renewal action on these names then our system will delete these names on pre-setted deletion cycle from control panel and DNS zone attached to domain name too get deleted) , so for the sake of registrant we accepted the renewal payment , but.IN registry donot want registrant to get support and creating all sort of trouble for them with sole intention to defame Mitsu. So we decided to suspend those domain names which is currently under registry lock. If we delete the DNS zone then there will be a huge outrage and lot of names will stop working which will create a issue for registry.

We hope that these names are unlocked soon and you are able to manage them as you do it before. Or if you made any payment for renewal of any of locked domain names and you want refund then we can process the same and delete the domain name on expiry from our system, please note that domain name will not be deleted from registry. If you are using our Free DNS / Free emails / Free forwarding services etc. then sites will stop working after deletion from our system. Rest assured your domain names are still safe and secure at registry. If you asked for refund and request processed then we will delete the expired domain names from our system, in that case you need to keep watch on the name and whenever domain names are unlocked by the registry, you need to proceed according to outcome of legal process at that time. Currently we failed all RENEWAL actions placed on these LOCKED names and payment if any made by you is placed in your Mitsu account so we can use this payment to renew the domain names as soon as they are unlocked.

For further details you may contact .IN registry at registrantsupport@registry.in or call them on their support line "+91-11-4820-2011" or take further contact details from www.registry.in , Currently domain name is in NIXI Holding account so they are the responsible person to satisfy all your queries. It is their duty to give proper details to registrant and update them with proper resolutions instead of providing resolutions to selected few.

We also observe that .IN Registry is changing Nameserver or allowed transfers of domain names inspite of court orders to some selective registrant of their choice, which is according to us completely a illegal move and needs a explanation from registry.
In some cases they asked for KYC documents from registrant for change of the details of domain names but in some cases registry changed the nameservers or allowed transfers to go through and others registrant are just kept in abeyance even after submitting KYC documents. So it is registry's choice to allow your request or not ?

Why this bias with registrant ? You may ask this to registry ? Or if you require any further details please email us we will happy to provide you further details.

--
Best regards,
Support Team.
Mitsu Inc

No, I don't know, I think is not possible at the moment if the domains are blocked.

I was only able to change the DNS sending my identity card.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom