Mitsu Accreditation Terminated by Nixi

IT.com

owl

Dear Registrant / Customer,

This is to inform that the registrar account of your current registrar – Mitsu Inc. has been terminated by National Internet Exchange of India(NIXI) which manages the .IN Registry.

In view of the termination, your registrar will not be able to provide you any domain management services for .IN or .भारत (in all supported languages).

In order to protect your rights and commercial interests,.IN Registry hereby informs you to transfer your domain(s) to an alternate Accredited Registrar of .IN Registry of your choice. Please view the link below for the list of registrars - https://registry.in/Accredited_Registrars

You may contact your preferred new registrar on your own for transferring your domain(s) and follow the process as may be advised by the new registrar.

Meanwhile to maintain continuity, .IN Registry is taking over the control of your domain names and if you require any changes to your existing contact details or Nameserver associated with your domain name, you are requested to send an email from your registrant email id, as reflecting in whois records to registrantsupport@registry.in.

While moving to a new registrar, you are requested to contact .IN Registry to obtain your domain authorization or “AUTH CODE” – which will be required by the new registrar to initiate transfer of your domain(s).

You are requested to complete the transfer process in the next 15 days from the date of this email. If not, .IN Registry will initiate its own process to transfer your domain to another registrar as may be determined by .IN Registry.

Sincerely yours,
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)

I sent mail to NIXI and received ticket.They also wrote, request is under process.So far not received auth code from NIXI.however there is some change in status
"
Domain Name:DEVELOPER.IN
Created On:16-Feb-2005 07:50:21 UTC
Last Updated On:31-Oct-2017 14:09:23 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Feb-2018 07:50:21 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:NIXI Holding Account (R189-AFIN)
Reason:
Reason:
Registrant ID:BS_14895999"
Has any one received AUTH CODE from NIXI?

"You are requested to complete the transfer process in the next 15 days from the date of this email. If not, .IN Registry will initiate its own process to transfer your domain to another registrar as may be determined by .IN Registry."

So do we have to pay to transfer each domain from Mitsu to another registrar?

I assume not because they say if we don't transfer a domain within the 15 days ".IN Registry will initiate its own process to transfer your domain to another registrar".

I just received the following in an email from NIXI:

This is to inform you that in view of the directions passed by the Hon’ble Bombay High Court vide order dated November 7, 2017, in the matter Sanjeev Ramniwas Goyal v National Internet Exchange of India & Ors. [Writ Petition (L) No. 3000 of 2017], directing National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) not to take further action/steps in pursuance to the impugned order of termination, henceforth NIXI shall not be able to process any transfer request of your .IN domain name presently under “NIXI Holding Account” , till further directions from the Hon’ble Court.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us and include the string: ref:_00DD0CWb4._500D01Zg2Hn:ref in the body of all future correspondence with regards to this ticket. To do so, you may simply reply to this message.

Sincerely,

.IN Registry Relations
URL: http://www.registry.in
E-mail: support@registry.in
Phone: +91-11-4644-8888
Fax: +91-11-4644-8844

So, it looks to me like Mitsu has taken NIXI (and others) to court about this matter, and obtained what in the US would be called a temporary restraining order against NIXI prohibiting them from doing anything further in regards to Mitsu and the domains they held, without permission of the court.

Note also the comment that NIXI shall not be able to process any transfer request. I understand that transfer requests for domains are failing or will be transferred back.

Last edited:
I just received the following in an email from NIXI:

So, it looks to me like Mitsu has taken NIXI (and others) to court about this matter, and obtained what in the US would be called a temporary restraining order against NIXI prohibiting them from doing anything further in regards to Mitsu and the domains they held, without permission of the court.

Note also the comment that NIXI shall not be able to process any transfer request. I understand that transfer requests for domains are failing or will be transferred back.
Will renewals also be affected, could cause big problems?

For the record I do not have any domains with Mitsu.

Wow, that is a mess that could take a while to iron out. So many people going to be hurt by this. I still have questions: aren't there 3 other registrars owned by Mitus, are those domains also locked?

Will renewals also be affected, could cause big problems?

Yes, I'm worried about that too. The legal system does not move quickly. I'm not sure what the answer to that is.

Wow, that is a mess that could take a while to iron out. So many people going to be hurt by this. I still have questions: aren't there 3 other registrars owned by Mitus, are those domains also locked?

Yes, I believe Mitsu owns 4 registrars, and only 1 was affected.

My understanding is that the lawyer for NIXI did not show up to this hearing, so the matter was not heard, and will need to be heard another day. I'm not sure what that day is, but can't imagine court dates are easily available.

This could drag on for a while.

I'm worried about that too, but I understand it may be possible to get another date soon.

It is concerning that NIXI apparently does not have a policy in place to deal with this situation, or at least if it does have such a policy, it is not communicating about this policy with the affected registrants.

It is concerning that NIXI apparently does not have a policy in place to deal with this situation, or at least if it does have such a policy, it is not communicating about this policy with the affected registrants.
I agree. Since the ones being hurt the most are the innocent registrants of .IN domains, you would think NIXI would be about resolving this quickly. I also fault MITSU for filing the court action to stop outgoing transfers. Give good customer service, place their interests first and they will return if it is shown that MITSU was not in the wrong. And if they are in the wrong and NIXI is right to revoke their accreditation, why damage your customers? They will never come back after being treated this way.

I agree. Since the ones being hurt the most are the innocent registrants of .IN domains, you would think NIXI would be about resolving this quickly. I also fault MITSU for filing the court action to stop outgoing transfers. Give good customer service, place their interests first and they will return if it is shown that MITSU was not in the wrong. And if they are in the wrong and NIXI is right to revoke their accreditation, why damage your customers? They will never come back after being treated this way.

I see your point, and I don't think you're wrong, but consider:

1. The delays so far have been on the Registry's part, not Mitsu's.

2. If someone attacked my livelihood, I would fight back hard, and I think most people would too, so it's hardly a surprise to see Mitsu fight back.

3. If I were a small registrar in India who couldn't afford fighting in court with NIXI, I would be very, very worried right now. Hopefully Mitsu is protecting them by setting some sort of precedent in court, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Registry doing this sort of thing in the future to registrars who can't afford to fight back.

1. The delays so far have been on the Registry's part, not Mitsu's.
I thought the Registry was going to transfer the domains and it was stopped by Mitsu's court filings
2. If someone attacked my livelihood, I would fight back hard, and I think most people would too, so it's hardly a surprise to see Mitsu fight back.
I would fight back hard also, but damaging your customers is not the way to do it. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, costing me money and lost sales would insure that I never used you again. If Mitsu had allowed the transfers then won out the case against NIXI, I would have moved all my domains back at the next renewal plus still used them for any new registrations that I made. Cost me money and you will never see me again. It's the way I have always ran my companies. Customers first. JMO.

Actually NIXI, NTRO and government agencies have been causing many problems for .in domain investors in India since 2010,causing great losses, allegedly bribed by large corporates , so there should be more transparency in the internet sector. There is no national security issue involved, it is just a financial investment.

For too long, indian domain investors have tolerated the atrocities of corrupt government agencies, this is a good precedent to protect their interest, NIXI should provide complete details

My understanding is that the lawyer for NIXI did not show up to this hearing, so the matter was not heard, and will need to be heard another day. I'm not sure what that day is, but can't imagine court dates are easily available.

But the Court Order reads as follows and does not mark absence of any party:
" Due to paucity of time the matter is adjourned as per CMIS date. Ad-interim relief if any to continue till then."

Don't mind Jeff but may I ask who provided you with wrong information that the hearing was not done because of Nixi's lawyer not attending when the court website says it was not done because of the time shortage?

Last edited:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom