Minisites - Are They Worth It?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I was thinking of setting up a bunch of minisites on my domains, but before I put a lot of time and money into this, I just wanted to get some feedback. Do you think that minisites are worth it? I've heard a number of success stories and a number of failures, and it's hard to sort out what's accurate.

indona

If you have a good domain. I think you can claim for much higher prices if you can develop a website around the name. Most people aren't very creative and hence are unable to link things together. A domain with a website could give them very clear idea. Plus sooner or later it would get indexed in various search engines which would save precious time of the buyer.

Definitely worth trying.

overcast

I think Minisites can be good if the offer is worth converting. I know some of the brands which are easy to convert. But in some cases it takes time for those if there is too much content. So mini sites in this context can save time and money. I think those are worth using. I am not sure about the blogs and networked sites, those surely work but require a lot of traffic.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
This thread is from 2008. Back then it may have been worth it. Definitely not now.

Mallard

If you can do a niche of linked mini sites, like homepages for junior cricket clubs or flower arrangers, then it can be worth it even nowadays because you have targeted traffic and you know what they will buy. If you're looking at setting up just free general blogs, that market's pretty much saturated.

Foroux

This thread is from 2008. Back then it may have been worth it. Definitely not now.
So did you set them up back then? Did it work out? A lot of threads are left hanging. It's like reading a novel and not knowing the ending.

Saki

It is crazy how some may not be in now, but will be in a couple of years. Like Foroux, I must know, did you create the mini sites or not? You never said if you did.

dnk

Country flag
Advertising rates have greatly decreased in 2017, registering domains is very expensive

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D minisites development Webmaster Forum 35
nitro Coin.in & Shrimp.in - two MiniSites launched Indian Websites and Start-ups 7
Digital Pandit Mark Levine is on a roll : Sells $32,787 worth of domains this July Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit NICE READ : UDRP decision today that is worth noting Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton discusses the worth of a portfolio of .IO domains New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Is investing in domains worth the time? Resources 0
Digital Pandit Can .AI domains be worth the carrying costs ? New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit JC Penney file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection: What is Gift.com Worth? Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit NameSilo sold bitcoins worth $840k before the crash Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver on the worth of illness / outbreak domain names Resources 0
Digital Pandit Stubborn Sellers: Why is the Uniregistry Brokerage Worth the 15% Commission? Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Addition of 1,000 new gTLDs a year by ICANN? Achievable and worth it! Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Mark Levine's is still going solid with $200K worth of sales this year Resources 0
Digital Pandit A German telecom company, tire distributor among others bought end user domains worth £30,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Rick Swartz explains - How much is a Domain Name Worth Per Square Foot?? Non-India Related Domains 0
JulienJ Is Bulk Hand-Regging Domains Worth the Time and Money Invested? Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Is it just me or did Handle.com sell for less than what it’s worth? Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Finding a Price: Why is Bitcoin Worth What it is? Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Winklevoss Twins’ Bitcoin Investment Already Worth More Than $1 Billion Cryptocurrencies 0
A Are domains for cryptocurrencies worth buying? Development Options 3
DNJournal.com Millions of Dollars Worth of Previously Unreleased Uniregistry Domain Sales Supercharges the Charts The Lounge 0
domainking131 What is Fund.com worth today? Non-Indian Domains 0
ritchie How much is your site worth? Websites 1
Mallard DMCAs - worth it? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Swisslist What Is Quora Worth? Business and Economy 7
DomainSherpa New gTLDs Drop Hundreds of Thousands; How Much is Happiness.com Worth?; Great Domains for New Invest The Lounge 0
Jeff Is it worth renewing? New GTLDs 3
anquest ~$42 Million Worth of (Previously Undisclosed) Sales (FEB 2015 on) Now Released by Uniregistry-DNS New GTLDs 1
Tigger Yuo.com Worth 20k Non-Indian Domains 1
Swisslist Which Is Worth More? Webmaster Forum 10
domainking131 Is this domain name worth $15,000,000 dollars? The Lounge 2
T Is Google Adsense worth it Webmaster Forum 19
Rob101 Would you say that new extensions are worth buying? Webmaster Forum 12
domainking131 2.tv Was Sold For $100,000 – How Much Is 2tv.com Worth? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 .SPACE Gets A Makeover & Sells $25,000 Worth Of Premium Domains Per Month New GTLDs 0
S How much is a DN with "Insurance" word worth? Non-Indian Domains 4
D LLL.in whole sale prices... worth a great discussion LLL.in and LLL.co.in 39
H .co's : are they worth investing Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Person behind OnlineDomains bought some $50,000 worth of domains New GTLDs 3
domainking131 Domain name bought for $75 could be worth $75,000: We are talking about TechnicalJobs.com Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 Larry Page and Sergey Brin to sell $4.4 billion worth of Google shares The Lounge 1
domainking131 Dot Vegas Registry sells $2 million worth of premium domains New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Domain worth $15,000 accidentally sold for $10.99 New GTLDs 0
CyberKing BigData.com is the domain name worth 6 Million? Non-Indian Domains 0
K LAKSHMI.COM Domain for Sale.... Purchased for 100K in yr 2000, what's it worth? Domain Appraisals 3
D Any New Domain for ₹400 (worth ₹589/639/999) Non-India Related Domains 0
domainking131 How much is a $35 domain worth? We are talking about Guitar.com Non-Indian Domains 0
A BANRAPE.IN , BANRAPE.ORG , GOODRUN.IN, PUTY.IN , WIREDWITH.IN ---> Worth a Try!! For Sale 0
A Worth a Buy?? --> WIREDWITH.COM ; OPPISEX.COM Non-India Related Domains 0
CyberKing ‘Millionaire Barber’ - A story worth reading! The Lounge 0