Mining for Domains

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I just discovered a neat keyword tool that is helpful for mining for domains - Google Sets

It works best just to put one keyword in the set rather than several and "Large Set" is much more helpful than "Small Set"

I'm of the opinion that people need to be very, very careful with holding a lot of keyword domains going forward. Apps (and not "phone apps" - I'm talking web apps like Amazon, Ebay, Facebook) are significantly diminishing the relevance and saleability of a lot of this stuff and according to a recent survey, the vanity TLDs are going to see some heavy adoption, very quickly, by big players.

A lot of the people who are still buying these kinds of names (HowToBuildAWoodenBoat.net) and leaving them undeveloped are on the lower end of the newbie-curve, some of them, stuck there permanently. None of them are making money at this, pretty much all are losing money. There might be a little bit of 'exact matching domain' affiliate gold left to mine, but Google has openly said that this will be coming to an end very, very shortly- within the amount of time it would take a site to clear the sandbox...

The smart man focuses on domains that define an industry (Cars.com), an activity (Parasailing.in) or a product (SocketSets.us) with total keyword purity, rather than a search string (UsedSailboatsInNewYork.net).

Still, that is a *great* utility for SE marketing and helping to assemble a cogent keyword strategy.

Another decent one is 'the wheel'.
india domains - Google Search

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom