McAfee: .cm is most dangerous ccTLD in 2009

IT.com

Ceres

According to McAfee's 2009 Mapping the Mal Web report, .cm (Cameroon) is the most dangerous ccTLD in terms of security risks. This ccTLD is just one typo away from the popular .com.

Cameroon, a small African country that borders Nigeria, jumped to the number one spot this year with 36.7 percent of the .cm domain posing a security risk, but did not even make the list last year. Because the domain .cm is a common typo for .com, many cybercriminals set up fake typo-squatting sites that lead to malicious downloads, spyware, adware and other potentially unwanted programs.
What's the safest ccTLD? According to McAfee it's .jp (Japan).

Source: McAfee, Inc. Reveals the Riskiest Web Domains to Surf and Search

Have you ever invested in either of these ccTLDs?

Edit: I included link to report. India is listed as 16th most dangerous ccTLD (22nd if you take into account the TLDs on the list). Bear in mind that .com is listed 2nd most dangerous domain.

Last edited by a moderator:
That´s a sad result for .cm I think.
Better invest in .cc instead of .ws.
The facts about .ws are known since years and I believe you can forget this extension completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I included link to report. India is listed as 16th most dangerous ccTLD (22nd if you take into account the TLDs on the list). Bear in mind that .com is listed 2nd most dangerous domain.

Do you think this maybe due to the promotions we were having lately? Cheap keywords domains at ~$4.00? Register for an year and drop it, as it it the domain would have been blacklisted by then. Just some thoughts I had.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom