Mandatory ICANN Fees Reduced by 2cents

IT.com

Would the 2cents reduction help in your domaining budget?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tell me this is a joke.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pubdomains.in

Good News!

ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) has reduced their mandatory fee associated with registrations for .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .NAME, .MOBI and .ASIA TLDs. The fee has been reduced to $.018 USD (previously $.20 USD.)

Isn't this such huge and wonderful saving :eek: (Sighs... in this economical situation - while every penny counts we now have to start counting cents too)

Blog post

Last edited by a moderator:
pubdomains, I'm not sure how the system works. So will registrars actually reduce their domain prices by 2 cents? :confused:

Less money to ICANN is always good :)

Still, they were doing fine before the 20 cent fee, and with all the new gTLDs coming in they'll be doing even better - the whole fee should be abolished.

pubdomains, I'm not sure how the system works. So will registrars actually reduce their domain prices by 2 cents? :confused:
Ceres, ICANN fees is charged over and above the domain price, as an example we register .info domains for $1.99 + ICANN Fees
So if you had purchased .info from us in June the price would have been
$1.99 + $0.20 = $2.19 and now the new price (with 2cents less) from July 1st
$1.99 + $0.18 = $2.17

As you can see, nothing has changed for the domain price, thus .com still would be at 7.49... and others as per rates set, only the mandatory fees (applicable only to gTLD's) - is reduced by 2cents.

HTH

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom