mama.co.in

IT.com

sriz

I'm new to this domain selling stuff and I thought I would give it a try.
Could some1 tell me an approx amount this domain could be sold for and also provide some tips on buying and selling domains or atleast a link to the pages containing those tips.
Thanks

Hi sriz and welcome to INForum!

That's a decent name and I can see a company choosing it to brand themselves under. For a sale to another domainer, I think it would go for $xx.

As for tips, you need to read as much as possible. The appraisals section is good, as it will give you an idea what names are worthwhile and what names aren't.

We've got a list of all the known major .in and .co.in domain sales at:
Indian Domain Sales : Indian Domain Name Blog
This will give you an idea about the kind of names that sell for a decent premium.

As for choosing names, there's a good article here about what to avoid:
13 Reasons Why A Domain Has No or Low Value : Domain Bits

If you have any questions about specifics, you can always ask and people here are willing to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
gee thanks for the reply..
Il surely have a look at other forum entries for more information and il let you know if i have any doubts.
So, if im able to buy some decent domains like these would i be sure of getting atleast a few dollars more than the money i spent on the domain ??

It depends on the price that you can buy the domains at! With the economic problems across the globe, right now I think that it is hard to make much money flipping domains unless you are already very experienced at that. I'd recommend that you start small and see how well you are able to sell your domains before you scale up.

Hmm.. Thanks for the advice Jeff..
It is very useful.. Lemme try to sell the domains that I have bought now and look out for further later..
I buy .co.in at Rs450(~$10) and .in at Rs750(~$20) at bagfull.net
Is there any place I can buy cheaper than that.?

I think that Mitsu.in is the cheapest right now - .co.in for Rs319 and .in for Rs589.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom