Made my 1st sale thro Inforum:) Now how to complete DN transfer ?

IT.com

jacksong

Hi all,

Thanks to Inforum. And I am happy to anounce that I made my first sale through inForum.in. Even if its a really small amount I am happy as it is the first achievment as a Domainer.

Special thanks to Jeff, NameTrader, Mitsu, Ace, the_poet, wot, Ryanmlanane, Truekumar and ebiz4india for your insights, tips and support through the inforum.

But now the problem how do I transfer it to the customers account.

The customer is having Godaddy and i have my domain with Mitsu.in.
He transfered the amount to my paypal account. He also give his GoDaddy account number and his email address.

Steps that I did till now

Logged in to Mitsu account.

1. Selected the domain from the Domain Name list
2. Clicked the 'Theft Protection' Turned off the domain lock.
3. Clicked on 'Contact Details' Link

A popup screen came up with the Registrant Contact, Administrative, Billing and Technical Contact details.

4. On the Administrative Contact Details I added the customers provided email address
(Also ticked the checkbox 'Use same contact for Registrant, Billing & Technical details' option in the account. Is that a mistake ? and clicked 'Save Contact Button')

I checked the domain status and now whois have the customers email address updated on all the 4 contact details. I did not changed other personal details.

Buyer has not responded after that. But now do i have to do ?
Will the tranfer gets completes after this ? Do I have to give anything to complete the tranfer.

Is there anything more that I have to do now.

Thanks in Advance

Jackson

Congratulations on your sale!

From your post I'm not really clear what happened - it sounds like the domain is still in your account? If so, the domain has not really been transferred as you are still the one with control over it, even though the whois may show the buyer's info.

The easiest way to go is for the buyer to set up a (free) account at Mitsu. That way you can simply "push" the domain to him and he'll have the domain instantly.

If the buyer does want to go ahead with the transfer to Godaddy, then he is the one that has to start the transaction. You simply need to provide him with the auth code (domain secret) and that is enough to get the domain transfer started. Once he starts the transfer, you'll get an email asking you to confirm the transfer, which you click on a link to do.

Congratulations.

The easiest way is definitely a push. It sounds, however, like you updated the whois information. It is pretty much standard policy after you update whois - you can not transfer to another registrar for 2 months. I had this happen with a NNNN.com I needed to liquidate quickly a while back and unfortunately it cost me $350 as Chinese buyers refuse to use GoDaddy. So I had to sell it for less.

Chances are if you ask if it is possible to transfer to their Mitsu account - Most will accept. It only takes 30 seconds to create an account. Then they can simply transfer to their registrar 2 months later themselves. However if you are dealing with an End User you will want to have the domain in transferable status (no whois ownership changes, and registered for 2 months +). For the difference in what they pay they expect convenience :)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom