Lots of inquiries, no serious offers

IT.com
Yes, the sweet pricing model of using 99, 98, 97, etc. only seems to confuse potential buyers.

I tend to round to the nearest 10 in my head. I know others do too.

When you realize how many people are terrible at math, it makes more sense. :)

Interesting that you say that, because I just did the opposite - LOL. Have you tested this out? I should probably set up a test myself and see.

Most every retail store I have been in does not round. $9.95 sounds less than $10 to the average buyer. That is their reasoning.

Domains aren't retail stores.

I shared what works for me to make sales.

Most every retail store I have been in does not round. $9.95 sounds less than $10 to the average buyer. That is their reasoning.

I agree, domains are not retails stores but end users are retail buyers. I appreciate your sharing and I think I will give it a try. Can't hurt.

How long are you all willing to hold onto a domain name before jumping ship? Are you paying the reg fees every year? I don't think domain parking pays much at all anymore, but you could turn it into a blog and earn advertising money at least. Throw up some affiliate links and you could do pretty good while waiting for a buyer.

How long are you all willing to hold onto a domain name before jumping ship? Are you paying the reg fees every year? I don't think domain parking pays much at all anymore, but you could turn it into a blog and earn advertising money at least. Throw up some affiliate links and you could do pretty good while waiting for a buyer.

If you develop the domain, it's going to make it more difficult to sell, and people will be buying on the basis of the development rather than the domain itself.

I hope you are right. Otherwise I might be stuck with a lot of names not worth much more than a reg fee.
dont worry about reseller prices, they just sucks.. out of my experience, end user prices at times are worser than reseller prices., its regardless of extensions. i have strong .com names too.. indian market for premium names is getting warmed up.. its just a matter of time , its naturally boom soon or later.. have patience and it will be paid off for sure, the key reason it will be pay off is infrastructure.. there was no internet access to 95% of the population around 2010.. 7 years time huge progress has made. its all about infrastrucutre readiness.. now its ready. it takes a year or two max to warm up.. for sure around 2020 it has to breakeven.

Experiencing the same. Apart from one good .in sale - to a U.S. buyer...

Also, non-payment from Indian buyers is still a problem for me. Is it still rather difficult for Indian companies to transfer funds abroad, or is that no longer a valid excuse?
Non payment is a common issue, cant trust until payment arrives into escrwo .. Indian companies can freely process the payments to outside , there is huge amount of trasnactions happen every day to outside of India. its difficult to setup such thing in first time ( its all about complying with the regulations), but its not that difficult to send the money though.

If you want to be successful long term you should have some income generating sites.

If you develop the domain, it's going to make it more difficult to sell, and people will be buying on the basis of the development rather than the domain itself.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom