lll.in trademark violation

IT.com

kussy

Country flag
Can anyone help me out here.
I received a trademark violation for a 3 letter premium .in that I tried selling to a company which supposedly owns the trademark rights to the letter combination.
They claim my purchase request was a sign of bad faith and that i should hand over the domain name to them.
They've even sent a C&D letter.

Honestly I had no idea they owned the trademark rights for this particular combination.

What would you suggest I do now?

I would answer in a polite way that you had no idea about this and asked them to send me some document with trademark details so you could verify their claiming. Having that document you'll need to ask someone with access to the Indian trademark database to check it for you. If it turns true, I would pass it to them otherwise they might run a legal action and having that purchase request it is an easy win for them.

@ Kussy,

About 3 days I just sold CBN.in for mid-high amount, and guess what? This three letters "CBN" is also trademark from CBN.com. But I guess if you can't sell it as a high price, sell it as a reasonable price.

Don't play with a fire. Might get burn it.

@ Kussy,

About 3 days I just sold CBN.in for mid-high amount, and guess what? This three letters "CBN" is also trademark from CBN.com. But I guess if you can't sell it as a high price, sell it as a reasonable price.

Don't play with a fire. Might get burn it.

Did you sell it to the people of CBN.COM?

I believe not, it's for another business company. But not sure yet because the buyer contact me through the whois. The Whois still not update it yet. It's still belong to Sedo transfer.

Be careful while Registering a .in domain which is branded .com that can cause legal implications.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom