List of Pending INDRP Disputes

IT.com
But don't you think its more controversial when the TM name is an acronym? "MSN" has 31 acronyms on acronym finder, so couldn't the person who registered it want to use it for something else? "MSN" just happens to be one of microsofts main businesses, but the person could have a decent argument arguing that they wanted to use it vis-a-vis another acronym. I just feel acronyms should be much harder to take away through INDRP because they mean many things, so who decides what the "real" meaning is?

In that case arbitrator primary focus on USE OF DOMAIN and TM , if for example of MSN if the registrant uses the domain for the similar services or goods in which Microsoft deals then risk of domain loosing increases or shows parking page on that then Microsoft can claim that they are violating their trademark term and showing competitors ad on domain.

So use of Domain is very important particularly if you want to survive against the strong TM.

The latest addition to the pending list is Alston.in. I suspect this will be an interesting decision to watch out for.

Edit: There must have been an error on the original list, as the decision ended up being about Alstom.in (not Alston.in)

--------
UPDATE - Here's the decision:

Alstom Awarded Alstom.in in INDRP Case

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandvik.in has been added to the INDRP pending dispute decisions.

A search on Google reveals that Sandvik is the name of a Swedish company that provides equipment and services to the mining and construction industries worldwide. As the company has an office in India, my guess is that it's the complainant in this case.

Currently, Sandvik.in is a parked domain with links relating to the mining and construction industries. That's one strike against the respondent…

It's the same respondent who lost the trademarked domain Allianz.co.in. Strike number two...…

--------
UPDATE - Here is the decision:

INDRP Respondent Ordered to Pay Costs

Two more domains added to the list:

Alibaba.in - I'm not sure who the complainant might be as the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website (mca.gov.in) and local search engines show that a number of Indian companies use "Alibaba" in the company name.

AndhraPrabha.in
- Does this mean something in particular? I notice it's the name of a Telugu newspaper.

--------
UPDATE - Here are the decisions:

Talk about a vague INDRP decision: Alibaba.in

AndhraPrabha.in INDRP decision

Two more domains added to the list:

Alibaba.in - I'm not sure who the complainant might be as the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website and local search engines show that a number of Indian companies use "Alibaba" in the company name.

AndhraPrabha.in
- Does this mean something in particular? I notice it's the name of a Telugu newspaper.

AndhraPrabha.in It is a Telugu News Paper.

i think its Andrha Voice or Andhra hope ( andrha is a state name prabha means light )

Thanks chandan! I was trying to figure why AndhraPrabha.in was chosen to be a newspaper site like AndhraPrabha.com (and whether the term was news-related).

Edit: What's interesting are the Alexa numbers:

.com Alexa is 248,186 (28,397 in India)
Archive.org shows it was a newspaper since at least as early as 1999.

.in Alexa is 56,851 (5,049 in India)
Archive.org shows it was a parked domain in March 2008.

Lego.co.in is the latest domain added to the pending list. The complainant must be the owner of the well-known LEGO brand, don't you think? The company is certainly no stranger to domain disputes.

--------
UPDATE - Here's the decision:

Lego wins Lego.co.in

The latest three domains on the list are:

Mobil.in - the complainant is probably the oil company (it owns the .co.in). The disputed domain currently contains links related to the oil industry, so it can't be a typo for "mobile."

Tenneco.in - the complainant is probably Tenneco, the auto parts manufacturer.

Tenneco.co.in - the complainant is probably Tenneco, the auto parts manufacturer.

--------
UPDATE - Here are the decisions to date:

Mobil.in INDRP decision

Tenneco wins Tenneco.co.in and Tenneco.in

Samsung.in has been added to the pending decisions. The complainant can only be Samsung and it will no doubt win this TM domain...

--------

UPDATE - Here is the decision:

Samsung obtains Samsung.in

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom