Linked to Parked domains being removed

IT.com

domainerin

Country flag
Why are links on Inforum.in to my parked domains being removed?

Its not like there is blatant spamming, the links are contextual and it works as an added incentive for * us domainers * to show off our domains and probably get parking revenue by clicks through newbies.

I'd appreciate if you could shed some light on this topic .

It says this in the rules:
http://www.inforum.in/faq.php
No links to parked domains, adult sites, warez sites, or illegal sites.

I previously wrote about the reasoning behind this:
http://www.inforum.in/lounge/1278-links-parked-domains.html

Basically, linking to parked pages breaks the TOS of most parking companies.

probably get parking revenue by clicks through newbies

That's exactly why the parking companies have these TOS - they don't want this. Their business success depends on delivering the most targeted possible traffic to their advertisers.

I have no problem with signature links - but they should be to sites or mini-sites. You can also link to a Sedo or Afternic offer page, etc. You can also put messages in your sig that you have certain domains for sale. You can also start a sale thread and link to that in your sig. If someone is interested in your domain, they will look even if there is no link.

That's exactly why the parking companies have these TOS - they don't want this. Their business success depends on delivering the most targeted possible traffic to their advertisers.

I have no problem with signature links - but they should be to sites or mini-sites. You can also link to a Sedo or Afternic offer page, etc. You can also put messages in your sig that you have certain domains for sale. You can also start a sale thread and link to that in your sig. If someone is interested in your domain, they will look even if there is no link.

Thanks for the rationale Jeff. I agree to the rules :)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom