Launch of TheCityGuide.in

IT.com

Ceres

Here's another nice example of an Indian company using a .IN extension? :)

I came across an article on Alootechie.com that discusses the launch of TheCityGuide.in by ITLaddu Technology Private Limited, a New Delhi based company.

?We are not planning to add another local search engine or yellow pages directory, rather the concept is to allow users to filter results easily.?

An example is in case of restaurants where a user can choose restaurant style, type of cuisine, facilities and average price for two to get to the preferred results,? added Singh.

The guide provides information on restaurants, gyms, spas, nightlife, entertainment, events, attractions and recreation clubs in major cities in India.

I'm guessing "The" is included in the domain name because CityGuide.in was already taken! (although currently CityGuide.in doesn't resolve to a website).

The site is currently in beta. The search results seem decent, and I imagine a lot more listings will be added in the future.

I think it makes sense to also have a mobile version for this type of site, and apparently this is in the works.

Helpful website!

Does anyone know if there is any off the shelf software that can set up a site like that?

I came across an article on Alootechie.com that discusses the launch of TheCityGuide.in by ITLaddu Technology Private Limited, a New Delhi based company.

Thanks Cere. I was planning to setup similar site. Since most of the cityguide related domain names were taken away so the closet I could think of the domain name was - cityrestaurants.in. Anyways I will drop the idea now ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cere. I was planning to setup similar site. Since most of the cityguide related were taken away so the closet I was thinking was - cityrestaurants.in. Anyways I will drop the idea now ;-)

@hosting, I'm not sure I understand, why drop your idea? Competition is a good thing as it makes us work harder to improve our product/service.

Focusing on a niche like city restaurants in India sounds like a cool idea to me. What does everyone else think?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom