Lack of Websites for Indian Airports

IT.com

Ceres

There's an interesting article on SiliconIndia.com about the fact that major Indian airports lack websites.

Apparently, out of India's 92 airports, only 5 international airports have their own official websites. These airports are:

(1) Indira Gandhi International Airport

(2) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA)

(3) Bengaluru International Airport

(4) Hyderabad International Airport. Hey, I didn't even know the .aero domain existed.

(5) Cochin International Airport. People still use hyphenated domains? Okay, just kidding. :p

This scenario in India, maybe a question of government run airports and privately managed airports. While the former lags behind in the use of newer technology, the latter provides passengers the latest information available.
Out of 5 domains: 3 .in, 1 .aero, and 1 .com domain. All things considered, I suppose that's not too bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
aero- I thought that was a chocolate bar with holes in it.

60% .in usage , pretty good!

aero- I thought that was a chocolate bar with holes in it.

Ha ha, yes me too! I suppose you could buy lots of Aero chocolate bars if you make a profit from selling a decent .aero domain. Hmmh, shame .aero registration is limited to the aviation community. ;)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom