Konstantinos Zournas: I don’t share the domaining industry’s excitement about the Voice.com sale

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
While most of the domaining industry seems to be ecstatic about the sale of the domain name Voice.com for $30 million I can’t say I share this excitement.

First of all this seems like a one time thing. We need to get maybe ten 8 figure domain sales, tens of 7 figure sales, and so on, over a year for me to really see that something is changing for the better.

The fact that the buyer here is not exactly a solid company doesn’t help. Do they really have a revenue producing product yet? EOS seems to be questionable at best.

Full article link

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas : Mike Mann's lists of 28,923 available domains Resources 1
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: Trademark owners' guide to avoid reverse domain name hijacking Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas saved money using the GoDaddy Discount Domain Club.Let's see how. Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Interesting !! : Konstantinos Zournas wins a GoDaddy auction but couldn't get any info on the bidder Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: How is domain shopping going to help you? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas's take on registrars' temporary removal of domain restoration fees Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas on your ability to pay for domain name renewals Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: Only stupids think that domain prices are inflated Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: What to do? A default in a domain name holding transaction Resources 0
domainking131 Do Domain Names and Bitcoin overlap? Rick thinks yes, Konstantinos thinks no Cryptocurrencies 2
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Don't look at sales in a vacuum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Don't buy expired domains that violates a Trademarks Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Consult "Domain Name Attorney" and don't “Ask a Lawyer” on a Domain Forum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on half a billion domain auction business that we don't know about Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Judges don't find harassment suit against Uniregistry upto the mark Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Don't give web developer access to your domain registrar account Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Google: Don’t Buy Domains for Past Rankings; Knows When They Change Hands Resources 0
JulienJ If I Had Just Started With Domain Names Today, I Don’t Think I Would Make It The Lounge 0
Swisslist What You Don't Know The Lounge 4
domainking131 You’ve Got an Offer, Now Don’t Blow the Deal! Resources 5
domainking131 9 things most people don’t understand about SEO Webmaster Forum 4
domainking131 If You Can’t Even Remember Your Own Website Don’t Expect Others To… Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Most Companies Don’t Know What To Do With Domain Names! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
C I don't get email notification for new private message. The Lounge 6
DomainSherpa 16 New TLDs, Which Don't Suck; SEM & SEO Results for New TLDs; .Whatever or Dash?... The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Review - August 11, 2014: Detect.com, PoolToys.com, NM.uk, Don't Buy... The Lounge 0
Aubits Don't Undersell your Premium Keyword .in and .co.in Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 9
W InchAllah.org - IS SELLING RIGHT NOW DON'T MISS OUT! Non-Indian Domains 0
I Indian .COM domains for sale (Don't Miss) For Sale 1
T Nixi set to don the role of national internet registry... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Ceres Google: I See Results You Don't See...? Webmaster Forum 0
ebiz4india 5 Domains Package Deal, One Word Premium Keywords. Don't MISS IT. For Sale 2
OzDomainer Don't Sell Your Names To Soon or To Cheap! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 15
Jeff Don't Buy Turnkey Websites Webmaster Forum 0
Ceres Don't Make the Same Mistake Twice Webmaster Forum 0
M sing, don't act! The Lounge 6