Kerala.in, a Kerala Tourism Portal

IT.com
First of all, good luck with your site! :)

The cities in Kerala are buried at the bottom of your website. I think it would better if these were more prominent.

If I were thinking of visiting Kerala, it would be helpful to read more information about what's there is to do in each city.

For people who've never visited Kerala before, it would be nice to have a paragraph or two that talks about the general climate there, local foods, local newspapers, festivals, currency etc. - that's the tourist in me talking. ;)

I agree with alexpooley that the design could be better.

When it comes to building a website, it's a work in progress but hard work will pay off in the end. Good luck.

Nice site - good luck with it!

I'm wondering - how you are getting all the hotel information - is there some affiliate program you are using for this?

Dear alexpooley, ceres & jeff,

thanks for your comments/advice. we will try to add more content to the site.

jeff, regarding hotels data collection, we have marketing team who visit hotels, send letter/contract forms thru couriers/emails and collect data from them. we send 30+ couriers daily and call them next day to return the contract form to us with their approval.

we are using the same method to collect data from real estate builders, for our realestate website, Kerala Real Estate.

Thanks Kerala!

So, how are you making money with that? Do you charge the hotels to be listed? Do you work out individual commissions with each hotel?

we will get commission from hotels for each bookings thru us. commission rates (5% to 30%).

in kerala we say, real estate.

jeff, regarding hotels data collection, we have marketing team who visit hotels, send letter/contract forms thru couriers/emails and collect data from them. we send 30+ couriers daily and call them next day to return the contract form to us with their approval.

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Do you live in Kerala/India? I'm looking to hire Indian staff to sell advertising inventory but I'm in Australia. Any suggestions?

Thanks Kerala!

in kerala we say, real estate
Does that mean in other parts of India it's different?

I'm looking to hire Indian staff to sell advertising inventory but I'm in Australia. Any suggestions?

In the long run, that's something I'd like to do too, so I second alexpooley's question...

Something to consider for the future... The 35th National Games will be held at various places in Kerala in May 2010. Nearer the time, people might be looking for hotels near the various venues. So perhaps put some content about the National Games on your website. You've got lots of time to do this. ;)

The website is good, but needs work.

One thing you don't mention is ayurvedic massage. It's a major business and attraction in Kerala. It's a major draw for health-minded tourists worldwide. When I was in Kerala I met tourists that had at least one massage a day. All the major hotels have arrangements for massages. By US standards, the price is right.

Another thing you don't mention is the unique form of acting/stage costumes. There's at least one place in Kochi catering to this artform. It draws tourists, especially culture-minded tourists.

BTW my choice of the best Indian food at the most reasonable price is the Grand Hotel in Kochi.

Hi there!

Let me just tell you that I wish you the best of luck with your website. But other than that, you've got some serious issues with it. It loads slower than it should, some links are broken, it's not user friendly. might want to check on those.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom