Keeping domains

IT.com

Mikhaela

Do you think that a failed business should keep their domain? What I mean by this is do you think that a failed business should keep a domain that they aren't using in hopes of profiting off of it one day?

I read a thread here about someone who was trying to contact a domain owner whose website had last been active eight years ago. If you can sell it for good money now or if someone offers to buy at a good price, you would probably sell it. On the other hand, a failed business may hold onto a domain name in the hope that things will look up in the future and they'll need to use it.

I read a thread here about someone who was trying to contact a domain owner whose website had last been active eight years ago. If you can sell it for good money now or if someone offers to buy at a good price, you would probably sell it. On the other hand, a failed business may hold onto a domain name in the hope that things will look up in the future and they'll need to use it.
Dibon, I know exactly which thread you are talking about. I think that some people don't even realize that holding onto a good domain that is not active is a thing. Some people just give up the business and the domain, never thinking about selling it.

I believe it was my thread, but the website had been earning money until the owner just stopped updating it. It was blog and needed regular articles posted in order to keep its google ranking. I have no idea why the owner just let things go. I never received an answer.

Do you think that a failed business should keep their domain? What I mean by this is do you think that a failed business should keep a domain that they aren't using in hopes of profiting off of it one day?

In this case,
I think Domain Name and Phone Number are the same things.
Its unique to you / your business.

Someday someone might get interested in your business, tries to contact you and lends somewhere else!
Losing it (domain/number) will cut the contact line.

Better keep it till you can afford it.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom