John Berryhill, representing complainant, wins UDRP

IT.com

Digital Pandit

Country flag
John Berryhill is almost always the attorney of record on the domain registrant’s side of a UDRP. I think he is one of the best domain industry attorneys, and I look to John when I need legal advice regarding my company’s domain names. In fact, John is the 2019 Lonnie Borck Memorial Award winner for his efforts in championing the rights of domain registrants. It’s no surprise that John won his latest UDRP case, but what was a surprise to me is that he represented the complainant in this UDRP.

This UDRP filing was against the ChefMaster.com domain name. The UDRP was filed at the National Arbitration Forum (NAF). John represented a company called Byrnes & Kiefer Co., which operates a brand called ChefMaster. According to the complainant’s contention, “Complainant has rights in the CHEFMASTER, (Stylized) mark through its registration of the mark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) (e.g. Reg. No. 625,114, registered Apr. 10, 1956).” Reportedly, the domain name was used “to distribute malware to Internet users attempting to visit the domain name.

Article Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom