jobs.co.in and cricket.co.in

IT.com

Thanks Ace! I see it's one of the earlier INDRP decisions. During that time, many people were "lucky" :rolleyes:

Obviously, the decision is a joke and should have been appealed to the high court. Also, someone needs to challenge that trademark application - there is no way a company can have such a monopoly over a generic term like "jobs." Over three years later, despite claims made in the complaint, the complainant still has no job portal on either job.in or jobs.in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just visited "Jobs.IN" and it mentioned that it was a TM. If that is true then I fear that if jobs.co.in is developed, someone might be pissed off and raise INDRP.

We're forgetting here that .co.in was rolled out before .in ;)

We're forgetting here that .co.in was rolled out before .in ;)

domainerin, it doesn't matter. The trademark was registered before both the .co.in and .in. In any event, as I've said above, the so-called trademark is a joke and obviously needs to be contested. Also, I don't know that the owner of jobs.in would still be able to get so "lucky" in an arbitration as he did in the early days.

The trademark was registered before both the .co.in and .in.

The trademark is on the LOGO ;)

© Jobs.In .
JoBstm.gif
is a Registered TradeMark.

The trademark is on the LOGO ;)

Yes, I saw that and that's my point. The trademark needs to have a disclaimer stating the TM owner doesn't have exclusive right to the word "jobs." In the INDRP case, the Arbitrator had stated that because there was no disclaimer, the owner basically had exclusive right to the word "jobs".....:eek:

Under the Trademark law of India, a trademark registration is generally entitled to a strong presumption that the term is not generic unless otherwise disclaimer from the trademark registry is attached to it, In light of that presumption, as well as the inherently limited scope of evidentiary presentations under the Policy so the first test goes in favour of the Complainant.

I think the point that bangalorean should take from all this is that she should obtain legal advice to protect losing these domains via INDRP. It may well be worth getting a design mark for them.

I think the point that bangalorean should take from all this is that she should obtain legal advice to protect losing these domains via INDRP. It may well be worth getting a design mark for them.

Have any of the UDRP cases where the original owner lost the names been names that were originally registered at Directi?

That may give you an answer-just a thought. ;)

I would like to get "jobs.co.in" and "cricket.co.in" appraised. And it would be a great help if you can let me know of pros and cons of getting funding from VC for starting some profitable sales chain using them.

Excellent Domains. $100K + in next 3 to 5 years. If developed they will worth more.

If i have these domains, I never think of VC. I would have develop decent portals first.

Regards,
Neo.

I am not sure if ".co.in" increase (or hold) in value in the next years,
compared with ".in" !

Lol. well if they don't increase in value, does that mean their values are going down? I don't see how jobs.co.in or cricket.co.in could be decreasing in value. THe rate of appreciation might be slower than the .in counterpart, but i think value is still going up for good .co.ins

Yes I think the value of .co.in will going down, because .in will be the
Number 1 in India!
Its only a second choice for me!
I would not buy a .co.in!

It´s Only my opinion!
;)

Have any of the UDRP cases where the original owner lost the names been names that were originally registered at Directi?

That may give you an answer-just a thought. ;)
jobs.in huh see the whois, he owns tradeark of many domain. He also registered cinema.in news.in in sunrise period with these as trademark.what a joke.A big cartel who is preying names
also read this.Now you may understand why a section of investor is not touching .in

Anyone have stories about losing .in names? - ccTLDs.com

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom