jobs.co.in and cricket.co.in

bangalorean

I would like to get "jobs.co.in" and "cricket.co.in" appraised. And it would be a great help if you can let me know of pros and cons of getting funding from VC for starting some profitable sales chain using them.

wot

Country flag
I would like to get "jobs.co.in" and "cricket.co.in" appraised. And it would be a great help if you can let me know of pros and cons of getting funding from VC for starting some profitable sales chain using them.

Great names, I remember these from the Directi "allocation" back in 2005, there were included in quite a few names that I had "pre regged" via Directi that they managed to catch- I did not get any out of about 20+ premium .co.in. and I was sure I would get a few of them- not the case and I thought at the time there was something strange going on, but maybe just my cynical nature. :cool:

OzDomainer

Hi there,

Very very nice names!! Not sure on the VC side of things as I have not gone down that path myself.

In regards to the the value of the domains, well who really knows for sure all I can say is that if they were mine I would not sell them for anything less than low to mid US$xx,xxx price range for each name. They are premium names not like the "premium" rubbish names that everyone else is trying to get rid of!

Unless you really need the money I would be holding on to those for the long term, well done for getting those back in the day!

Regards

Ed Keay-Smith
OzDomainer.com

wot

Country flag
Now I think I remember, didn't you also get India.co.in & Business.co.in in that Directi "lucky dip"?

Bollywood.co.in as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

the_poet

Country flag
Great names! They're worth low-mid $x,xxx at least (to resellers). For end user price, I think you should add a figure.

kussy

Wow ! Super premium names!
Best of luck with them.

Now I think I remember, didn't you also get India.co.in & Business.co.in in that Directi "lucky dip"?

Bollywood.co.in as well?

Looks like she did. :)

bangalorean

I am glad that you (specially WOT) remember me and my domains. I also think that it was purely a luck for getting all those four names.

I never had much interest in domain prior to them, but I was holding a single .com at that time and my registrar sent a notification about .in Sunrise. I don't know why, but within next 5 minutes of that notification I placed booking of 4 domains mentioned by WOT. Maybe I didn't waste my time in thinking about other possibilities. And here I am, I got the 4 I booked.

Does anyone know how can I declare them as my asset with some financial figures tied to them legally in India?

chandan

Country flag
nice names :)

I am glad that you (specially WOT) remember me and my domains. I also think that it was purely a luck for getting all those four names.

I never had much interest in domain prior to them, but I was holding a single .com at that time and my registrar sent a notification about .in Sunrise. I don't know why, but within next 5 minutes of that notification I placed booking of 4 domains mentioned by WOT. Maybe I didn't waste my time in thinking about other possibilities. And here I am, I got the 4 I booked.

Does anyone know how can I declare them as my asset with some financial figures tied to them legally in India?

i think u should be thankful to that nice registrar :p

wot

Country flag

Well done.

:cool:

domainerin

Country flag
Best thing to do is to talk to a few vc's / angel investors and ask them to help you with all your financial questions.

Certainly you might have your own contacts. If not, I wouldn't mind introducing you to a few.

Which city are you from?

GetItNow

Banned
I thought Cricket now is trademark already isn't it? I just wonder does it safe to keep this name ? ... but yeah it's superb name !!

Ace

GetItNow,
IMHO "Cricket" may not be a trademark. Just visited "Jobs.IN" and it mentioned that it was a TM. If that is true then I fear that if jobs.co.in is developed, someone might be pissed off and raise INDRP.

Ceres

I thought Cricket now is trademark already isn't it? I just wonder does it safe to keep this name ?

I agree with Ace. I doubt someone has exclusive right to use the word "cricket." Perhaps you're thinking of Twenty-20 Cricket? If so, cricket would have been disclaimed in the trademark application.

Just visited "Jobs.IN" and it mentioned that it was a TM. If that is true then I fear that if jobs.co.in is developed, someone might be pissed off and raise INDRP.

As "jobs" is a generic word, I can only guess that they would have filed some kind of design mark, and not a word mark. If so, I think the word "jobs" wouldn't be protected, just the design. Obviously, I haven't seen the trademark application, so the above is just a guess on my part.