It's Official: Eat Rats

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
The government of Bihar, an Indian state, is recommending that people eat rats:

"Eating of rats will serve twin purposes -- it will save grains from being eaten away by rats and will simultaneously increase our grain stock," Vijay Prakash, an official from the state's welfare department, told Reuters.

Apparently, it will even be available as a menu item in restaurants:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/080818/n_world_reuters/international_india_rats_dc

Even if the government did allow such eating, I don?t think that I could eat a rat. Hey are so dirty and also carries some diseases. I?m not a picky eater but I?m too concerned for my health.

While I do understand the government's thinking that it will reduce the number of rats and increase the amount of grain, I don't see how anyone would want to eat them. What is their slogan going to be for this little campaign? "Save A Grain, Eat A Rat!":eek:

I mean what a news this is. Doesn't it showcases the sad thinking of Indian Officials. I mean rats are in my view one of the most dangerous creepers and with a major disease 'Plague' accredited to them, how can one eat them :O

It's a sad state of affairs. According to the article:

In Bihar, rat meat is already eaten by Mushars, a group of lower caste Hindus, as well as poorer sections of society.

People around the world are being fed anything from rats to McDonalds to KFC etc - what next? Obviously, part of the problem is that for many people that's all they can afford to buy.

Well the great thing about rats in India is that you don't have to buy them :D They are everywhere and so dang hungry they will come right up to you. Still as someone who was brave enough to cook and eat rat, they don't taste very good.

There is a kind of rat, Capybara, eaten in Brazil. Even the Church has to give a special approval for that. Mushaharis in Bihar are a scheduled caste people who traditionaly eat rats. They are a very insignificant group though.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmmmmmm, *licks lips*
somehow how i am getting hungry all of a sudden

mcDonalds or a rat?
somehow the rat wins......less preservatives, less fat and sounds like more fun to try and catch your dinner.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom