Its not easy registering in bulk and selling

IT.com

JulienJ

A couple of years ago, the .XYZ registry had a special promotion where unregistered .XYZ domain names could be registered for $.01 for the first year. I remember thinking (and writing) about registering a huge swath of them with the hopes of selling just a couple to break even and make a profit. Here's what Darryl did:

Unfortunately for Darryl, a year went by and he did not sell a single domain name, despite having a $300 buy it now asking price for each name. He said he received a couple of inquiries, but neither produced a sale for him:

“I mean I did pay around $200 for all 20,000 domain names so I really just wanted to sell one and make a profit. That never happened, almost a year went by and I had to make sure all the .xyz were on auto renew off as the renewal price for around $12.88 USD each, I knew this going into this and a few clicks and sorting out bulk domain edits I was going to let them all lapse.”

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom