Its not easy registering in bulk and selling

JulienJ

A couple of years ago, the .XYZ registry had a special promotion where unregistered .XYZ domain names could be registered for $.01 for the first year. I remember thinking (and writing) about registering a huge swath of them with the hopes of selling just a couple to break even and make a profit. Here's what Darryl did:

Unfortunately for Darryl, a year went by and he did not sell a single domain name, despite having a $300 buy it now asking price for each name. He said he received a couple of inquiries, but neither produced a sale for him:

“I mean I did pay around $200 for all 20,000 domain names so I really just wanted to sell one and make a profit. That never happened, almost a year went by and I had to make sure all the .xyz were on auto renew off as the renewal price for around $12.88 USD each, I knew this going into this and a few clicks and sorting out bulk domain edits I was going to let them all lapse.”

Source

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JulienJ 3 EASY NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS TO IMPROVE YOUR DOMAIN NAME INVESTING The Lounge 0
A Selling BRANDABLE EASY IN domains BIN For Sale 0
F 6Ls Clovic.com, Short, Easy To Remember On Godaddy.com Auction External Auctions 0
domainking131 It's disturbingly easy to become a hacker millionaire The Lounge 0
domainking131 EasyGroup owner of Easy Jet found guilty of RDNH Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 UDRP Panel Gives EasyGroup Rights To The Word “Easy” Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainVillas Cybertron.Net -Premium 1-Word Domain - Powerful, Easy To Remember External Auctions 0
I Messup.net Short and easy to pronounce name. Non-India Related Domains 0
D wevola.com - single word, easy to spell, easy to pronounce Non-India Related Domains 0
domainking131 SEO training made easy!! Marketing Your Website 3
domainking131 Fiverr.com- Buy and sell services for $5. make easy $$$/month Resources 0
domainking131 Generating Free traffic by Guest blogging- An easy method Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 SEO made easy!! Marketing Your Website 3
CJ Bell.ws old, short, commonly used, easy to remember, brandable premium domain External Auctions 0
S Easy to remember DOT COM domain Non-India Related Domains 0
7Turnkey Easy 2500+ Backlinks Automtic Submit Script Only $1.99 For Sale / Advertising 0
S Easy way to scrape auto approved article sites using scrapebox Webmaster Forum 1
7Turnkey Easy 2000+ Backlinks Submit Script Only $2.99 For Sale / Advertising 0
jedi Domain $20 Total price for all together- all Go daddy domains- easy push... Non-India Related Domains 0
O AdultsChat.net! 8,100 exacts! Simple, easy to remember name! Adult Domains 1
D Lily.co.in - Single Word - Flower Name - Easy to Remember For Sale 5
ebiz4india Nice Short, Easy To Tell & Remember - Singapore4.com - EstiBot Appraisal $170. Non-India Related Domains 0
S An easy tip to keep derpression at bay. The Lounge 1
Prashant Sharan Page Howe disagree's with decisions about registering and marketplace de-listing of domains Registrars 0
ritchie Registering yourself General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
tulip Registering a domain name as a TM The Lounge 7
tulip Registering a domain name General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
DomainSherpa Negotiating Hand-Registering Names; GoDaddy's 200K Domain Portfolio; 2-Word .NETs Value; Exact Match The Lounge 0
M Registering a domain Legal Issues and Dispute 1
Ace Inc article on registering names Business and Economy 1
domainking131 After hand registering its domain for $10, Quandl raises $5.4 million Business and Economy 0
A Google registering MusicKey ccTLDs - Registers MusicKey.co.in, but skips MusicKey.in The Lounge 4
DomainSherpa What You Can Learn About Hand Registering Domains from the Domain King The Lounge 0
C Registering Domain names on Organisation name General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
nametrader What are you thinking when you are registering in domains? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
D Threats after registering / renewing LLL.in domain name Legal Issues and Dispute 12
P Registering with SEDO, did you have to send the form? Non-Indian Domains 4
Ceres Registering Domains for Defensive Reasons General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
T Registering a .NET domain Non-Indian Domains 6
C It will be in trouble when registering a trademark or a brand name ? Legal Issues and Dispute 2
N registering a website Legal Issues and Dispute 1
Prashant Sharan Namecheap launches a new bulk domain name search tool -'Beast Mode' Registrars 0
ajf7688 40 .in domains for $399 bulk sale For Sale 0
D Cheap plants available in bulk for dropshipping For Sale / Advertising 0
JulienJ Is Bulk Hand-Regging Domains Worth the Time and Money Invested? Non-Indian Domains 0
H LLL.in Bulk sale or single For Sale 9
maurya bulk appraisal please - zippercloud.com Domain Appraisals 0
webmaster75 400 domain names ONE PRICE(bulk sale): philosoph.net,exq.info,cyborg.biz & other External Auctions 2
tulip Bulk domain purchasing Business and Economy 2
C buying bulk .com with godaddy, $2-$3 per domain, pay by paypal Domains Wanted 0