it seems that it is not the right time to invest in .in domain

IT.com
well, not necessarily..there are actually pros and cons both if you plan on buying .IN domains now..

the pros would be that the .IN registry is running a promo on new registrations which mean that you can get a good amount of domains at competitive prices...but the cons are that there are not too many people willing to buy .IN domains, or any other domains, at the moment..

theres a lot more to it..but this is just the basic scenario..

No - If you are in it to make a quick buck!

Yes - If you are in it with some long term (2-5 years minimum) plans.

If you can't afford to buy and hold then this may not be the ccTLD for you.

Ed
OzDomainer.com

It's like for stock exchange.
Everyone buy when prices rise up and sell when prices fall down.
But it's not the way you can have a good ROI.

According to PriceWaterhouseCoopers India will be the second biggest economy in the world around 2050.

If you don't invest in Indian domains now, then you'll never break into the market. They're cheap as chips to hand reg at the moment, but it's becoming more difficult to find quality domains worth regging. Demand is going to drive the price up and up for Indian domains on the aftermarket.

If your into domain flipping then don't bother with India. Other than europe and a few other developed countries, cctlds are for the long term hold. cctlds will become more valuable when people realise that phoenixarizonarealestateagency.com is a really ugly domain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had any doubt that .co.in/.in domains are a very worthwhile investment. I have personally over the last four years had sales that are now edging towards $200K,a large proportion to resellers but also quite a few end user sales. I think it is the region of 800+ names that I have sold from prices ranging from $xx to $xx,xxx, the majority were .co.in.

I still retain a fairly good portfolio of both .co.in/.in.

I am confident that will only gain even more popularity.

Incidentally,about 3-4 years ago I was derided on another forum when I estimated the value of my .co.in/.in portfolio to be around $300K. Fortunately it appears that it was an underestimate! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had any doubt that .co.in/.in domains are a very worthwhile investment. I have personally over the last four years had sales that are now edging towards $200K,a large proportion to resellers but also quite a few end user sales. I think it is the region of 800+ names that I have sold from prices ranging from $xx to $xx,xxx, the majority were .co.in.

I still retain a fairly good portfolio of both .co.in/.in.

I am confident that will only gain even more popularity.

Incidentally,about 3-4 years ago I was derided on another forum when I estimated the value of my .co.in/.in portfolio to be around $300K. Fortunately it appears that it was an underestimate! :cool:

good news,thanks for your share.That makes me have more confident on .in,keep you way.

Honestly, .in will mature and pay great dividends in the long term, BUT, even now, its paying dividends to people jumping into the right spots. FOr example, many LLL.ins being posted as being available for regging have some traffic, and 1 i regged a few months ago got 2 offers on sedo within a few weeks. Can you imagine in 2 years how it will be? trafficwill be ^, revenue will be ^, selling prices will be ^, so this is a very typical case of buying cheap, and selling high...which is always smart to do.

Incidentally,about 3-4 years ago I was derided on another forum when I estimated the value of my .co.in/.in portfolio to be around $300K. Fortunately
it appears that it was an underestimate! :cool:

Pleasing way to be proven wrong :)

wot - congratulations! Always nice to hear a success story, especially a cctld success story.

Considering that the extension was only opened up 4 years ago, I think to date it has done amazingly well already.

Things are a bit tougher now with the economy, but that's not just .in - it's across the board in gtlds and cctlds. In fact, I think .in is doing better than .net, .org, .info, .mobi, etc. over the last few months.

It's really early days for the internet in India. There is so much potential for growth.

Warren Buffett always said - Be greedy when others are frightened; be frightened when others are greedy. I think there is a lot of fright out there right now, so it's time to be greedy with .in.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom