Is your site content being stolen?

IT.com

Ceres

For those who develop their domains, do you ever check to see if your content is being stolen and copied elsewhere on the web? Copyscape is one service you can use to track down sites that are copying content without your permission.

If you find out that someone is copying your site, you can try filing a DMCA complaint.

I'm curious to learn if webmasters are finding copyright infringement a problem?

Yes, just sent out 5 DMCA notices tonight :( - some to major sites.

It happens very often....

If they use adsense, It's a good idea to report them ...

Digital Millennium Copyright Act

"Google will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate repeat infringers. If you believe that an account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact Google and provide information sufficient for us to verify that the account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer."

Hello DomainGuy,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that Google terminates the Adsense accounts of repeat infringers.

Even if the infringing site does not use Adsense, you can still file a DMCA notice with Google. Isn't that right?

Yes, Even if the infringing site does not use Adsense, you can still file a DMCA notice with Google.

Google will remove his site or pages.

If your DMCA complaint relates to a Blogger.com blog, Google now allows you to file the complaint online (rather than via fax or mail).

DMCA complaints that don't relate a Blogger.com blog must still be sent via fax or mail.

I´m banning thieves since years whenever its possible. However, I found it difficult to solve this issue if your website is online since a long time and you have much content to control and to protect. I have found ways to protect my forums better but I believe there is no general way to protect everything around the clock.

@Ceres
Thanks for the list.i didn't know that such things can be curbed by complaining.Well guys thanks for the info.I need a favour from you.I have bought a domain and i m interested in starting a forum in it.But i m a total novice in that .can you just visit a thread which i have created in Webmaster sub-forum and suggest some steps there.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom