Is Parking Wise

IT.com

taki

Is just parking a website wise? Should you not try and get it to making some money so at least you get your investment from starting it up back even if it does not sell quickly?

Hi Taki,

Here an article about domain parking, which I hope answers some of your questions:

http://www.domainbits.com/domain-parking/

Here are a few of the tips mentioned in the article:

The key to success in making money from parking is owning domains that get natural traffic.

If a domain doesn?t get traffic, there is no sense in parking it. In fact, I would generally recommend against it, as parking a domain can increase the chances of a UDRP happening if the wrong ads appear on your domain.

It really depends how many domains you've got. Most people who have been domaining for a while own at least a few hundred. Even building a few hundred miniwebsites is a lot of work.

Developing is always more profitable, but it is hard to scale.

I agree that there is profit (beyond registration fees) in development but the fact remains that development is beyond the capability of most domain investors.

I think there is already a natural evolution away from 'lone wolf' to 'wolf pack' with each member bringing a specific skill set.

This is the model I am just starting to work towards.

Anyone else at this stage?

I've done a fair amount of development work. A lot of what I've done is self-taught. I also hire people on a freelance basis to help with discrete tasks.

Partnering with someone is really taking it to another level. You need to know the person well and really trust them.

I haven't really done much of this, but I've hired employees and had my fair share of problems with them. It is something you need to be very careful with. I did partner with someone on two different projects, and the partnership worked well, but the business model didn't :-(

Of course, if you can get partnerships to work, it should pay off nicely. I know people who have done this, and most of their contacts for partners are made at industry conferences.

It probably is also worth getting a good grasp of everything that's involved, even if you're not doing it yourself. SEOBook.com is a good place to start for that.

I never had good luck with parking except for some time, But I think its better to have something rather than having nothing on the domain, and thats the reason why I park.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom