Is blog commenting a big mistake

IT.com

ritchie

No, please get me right. What I mean is those generic comments (that people tend to leave on blogs) with a link to the site that's being marketed. I find this despicable, besides being annoying and being much less effective. Can you imagine hundreds of people leaving such comments on your website?

Not only is it a common mistake that most newbies commit; it not an effective form of marketing since most of these comments end up being deleted, filtered or marked as spam. What people need to realize is that there are really very many legit ways of marketing a website plus short cuts never produce anything. However, nothing comes easy and you have to put in the necessary effort.

Perhaps people misunderstand such action for making a backlink. I agree that it is annoying, though. I take time to try to give something to the community before I ask something back by leaving a link. Building a name is important, after all. We can't afford to look like or being marked as spam.

It isn't a good way of marketing a website anymore. Not only are most of these comments deleted, but they are no-follow so not backlinks, a lot of blogs don't let them through, and if they are left randomly over the web some of them can get a site a very bad name, like spamming links on a memorial webpage.

It isn't a good way of marketing a website anymore. Not only are most of these comments deleted, but they are no-follow so not backlinks, a lot of blogs don't let them through, and if they are left randomly over the web some of them can get a site a very bad name, like spamming links on a memorial webpage.
I agree with you completely. It is more of a trial-and-error method which has and can never be effective since most if not all of these comments get deleted. I don't think that any serious person would ever attempt this.

I think that there are more effective ways of marketing your site even for complete noobs. Posting comments might work if you're leaving lengthy and obviously well thought out and informative, helpful comments - but that's a lot of work and for so little gain.

I think that blog commenting is still an acceptable way of building keyword related links to your blog. Of course you need to make sure that you're writing high quality comments for SEO ranking and traffic.

Trying to get traffic or backlinks from blog commenting is not going to work nowadays. Almost all website has set their comment section to no-follow, meaning that the backlink won’t affect your ranking.

Most normal people who see links in a comment will automatically think that it is spam due to how spammers used to adversities scam in comment sections.

A well-made comment on a blog or a forum post for that matter can be useful for traffic, regardless of the SEO value. However, the place where it is made should have a decent or large amount of traffic to justify the effort, or it should have the promise of obtaining it. Of course, it's easy to find out which forums and blogs have a lot of traffic by looking up a list on any search engine.

I agree that good comments will still count as a pro for the blog and the brand as a whole, but you have to be careful to make sure that it's only quality comments and that they are relevant.

Blog commenting these days don't much offer SEO value. So I'd not say they can be a good option. But I can tell you that many people still do it for getting traffic. So if any comment gets popular on comment section, it can get more people this way. So traffic definitely helps in such context. I'd say still it is worth doing for even that much small traffic.

Not at all! Blog commenting is never a mistake. It is, in fact, one of the greatest ways to have traffic boosted on your website or blog.What you must do, as a blog owner, maximizing your traffic generating potential is blog monitoring.

If the comment box is enabled by you, then ensure that you monitor the comments that are being submitted to your blog so as to know which comment will be retained and the ones that will be removed.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom