Is 50% of the domaining industry about to be washed away? Probably…

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Is 50% of the domaining industry about to be washed away? Rick Schwartz certainly thinks so.

And I agree too. But this has started a year ago. Many of the opportunistic people are long gone by now.

But will domaining go back at the 2013-2014 level or above that or below that? If it goes to that same level then it wouldn’t be too bad. I actually think that would be good.

Except that a few people have made a lot of money, a lot of people have lost some money and we have the New gTLDs now.

Domaining grew too fast and without any planning from ICANN or any of the people and businesses that came suddenly into it. All that while Google and Facebook are trying to create their own version of the internet.

A lot of people came into domaining starting with the New gTLDs and then more people came with the influx of Chinese funds in 2015-2016. Then in the past year people have been leaving the industry.

I think the problems started when most of the Chinese money left the domaining market in 2016. And of course when New gTLD renewals started pressuring domainers without any other source of domaining related income. Also domainers that bought the so called liquid domains (3L, 4L, 3-4-5N) at their peak, have now been left with little options.

Source

When any company or industry sees a huge leap in activity with no planning or expectations of it, bad things will happen. If you want something to grow, you have to plan ahead

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom