Irresponsive mobile sites

IT.com

dibon

Have you ever come across a website whose mobile version loads extremely slowly and/or is irresponsive? In fact, there are sites whose mobile version doesn't work at all. What's the reason for this?

This can be quite a major undoing for a business that has a huge online presence. Accessibility is very important, both in the web and mobile platforms. There are other sites that don't have mobile compatibility at all but I've never understood the main reason for this.

I've seen sites that don't work on mobiles because the product they are providing does not work on mobiles, so they aren't really interested in the mobile market. Others just don't have the funds to update, or are happy with sites that work through browsers on the phones like Opera instead of the phone's software itself.

I've seen sites that don't work on mobiles because the product they are providing does not work on mobiles, so they aren't really interested in the mobile market. Others just don't have the funds to update, or are happy with sites that work through browsers on the phones like Opera instead of the phone's software itself.
I partially agree with you Mallard. All the same, sites that don't offer products that don't work on mobiles could still take advantage of the fact that people love to access their mobiles on the go. A website could be selling car parts but a bored motorist stuck in traffic, could as well check this site from his mobile.

I mostly use my phone to make calls and send texts and I know a couple of my friends who are like this. If a site chooses not to have a mobile version, this must be based on a careful analysis of whether or not it will impact the business. Not having a site that works on mobiles and having an unresponsive mobile site are different things IMO.

It is much better to have no mobile platform at all, than have one that isn't responsive, thus failing to meet it's intended purpose. Unfortunately, we have a lot of such sites when ( I believe) it isn't so much hassle to fix such.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom