Investing in Indian Domain Names

IT.com

jamesb

I am interested in investing in Indian domain names. How is the resell market for Indian domain names? Are they still selling well on Sedo.com and other domain name market places?

its definitely doing good..however, you can sit tight your domains for a while now..this recession has kinda affected the after sales market for domain names as well..so this might not be the best time to sell..

I agree about it not being a good time to sell right now. I did some good sales with .hk domains in the past but I am getting absolutely no offers since a few months.

It's not a good market if you are looking for quick flips. But if you are willing to hold for a few year, I think that you will do well.

But, there are some good investments out there, like available LLL.in lists, that could easily be profitable in 3-5 years. people are throwing their domain Assets around, and thats how you get good bargains.

I think that when it is not a good market for quick flips that you are only looking to make a quick buck that is why the quick flips would come into play. I think that it would be a great market for anyone in it for the long run.

I agree with warbux - if you are willing to wait 3 to 5 years, there are lots of bargains now that should turn out to be very profitable.

well Indian domain market is pretty much intresting and we can see even in this economic comditions they are doing great .

one thing which you can vouch for is that the Indian market will not be fluctuating as much as most other western markets..secondary market is something which you should consider only if you are willing to hold the domains for a good 3-5 years..

But, there are some good investments out there, like available LLL.in lists, that could easily be profitable in 3-5 years. people are throwing their domain Assets around, and thats how you get good bargains.

I completely agree. Domain registration is comparatively new business in India and many young people are trying hand at it. Most of them don't even know the basics but due to hard work they find good domains but are unable to sell them off in a jiffy so they often throw them at relatively low prices.

If you have patience then wait for a couple of years and let your tree start bearing fruits, only then think about selling it. Imagine the difference between selling seeds and tree with fully ripe fruits! That's what patience pays!

but at the same time, if you are getting a good offer for your .IN domain..do not wait for a better opportunity unless you know you can get more for the domain..also, it is advisable to get your domain appraised by a genuine source before selling it off..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom