Interview with domainer Rob Taylor

Ceres

I came across this interview with Rob Taylor, who has been involved in domaining for seven years. He offers some useful advice about domaining.

Interview with domainer Rob Taylor | Inside 123-reg

Some of the highlights:

One thing to bear in mind is that often domainers have a big list of names, and although the intent to develop out domains is there, sadly there is not enough hours in the day. Similarly it does cost a fair few quid to run networks of sites and thus income needs to be created from somewhere.
Often I get told that my domains are not worth more than a tenner, but when I tell them thats fine with me and point them towards something.me or genericterm.info which are often free they do not want to know. Certain extensions it seems are more desirable than others, and thus have a premium attached. To me that is not artificial but just normal market forces at work.
My top advice would be to read read and then read some more. It is too easy to waste money when starting out, but if you do your research and see what mistakes others have made it can be a free education. Domaining often seems very easy when sales are published and the results of development is unveiled, but that often disguises the many hours of work that goes on behind the scenes and you need to be prepared to put in the legwork to get the rewards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan DoseBuy, a new Domainer who isn’t afraid to speak his mind - interview with Morgan Linton Resources 0
domainshouse Interview with a small business domainer The Lounge 0
Chef Patrick Interview with Rick Latona - Domainer Of The Year Non-Indian Domains 3
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton interview Matt Holmes - Discusses domain development and lead generation Resources 0
Prashant Sharan “.News” domain name gets a big push with exclusive Trump interview New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Interview: Dofo wants to improve domain search Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's takes a deep dive into domaining in an interview with GGRG's Giuseppe Graziano Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Star domain investor Yoni Belousov's interview is now added to new series at GGRG.com Resources 0
Prashant Sharan GGRG Founder Giuseppe Graziano interview's DN Journal's Ron Jackson Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Interview with Frank Schilling at NamesCon Europe Resources 0
domainking131 Interview with domain investor Ping Jing The Lounge 0
Aubits .IN Domain Name Interview with Shiva Kandula (Our.in) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
domainking131 Interview with Doron Vermaat of Efty and DnGeek The Lounge 0
domainking131 An Exclusive Interview with the Legendary Uncle Hang – Owner of AV.com The Lounge 0
domainking131 Frank Schilling’s speech and interview at World Domain Conference Non-Indian Domains 4
domainking131 An interview with Ali Zandi The Lounge 0
domainking131 An Interview With The “Domain Captain” On Chinese Domaining Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 An Interview With The “Domain Captain” On Chinese Domaining Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Interview with Michael Castello of Castello brothers The Lounge 1
domainking131 Interview With The Expert – Featuring Bhanu Madala Non-Indian Domains 2
domainking131 Daniel Negari interview on .XYZ and Uniregistry JV New GTLDs 0
domainking131 A Must Read Interview with Kevin Fink on all things Flippa Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 An interview with Frank Schilling on how he values domain names Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 An Interview with Domain Investor and developer Eric Lyon Non-Indian Domains 0
Ceres Video: BNN interview re Groovle.com Dispute Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Jeff Good Interview of ICANN President and CEO Paul Twomey Indian IDNs 11
OzDomainer Podcast Interview with Ron Jackson DNJournal.com Non-Indian Domains 4
FishSEO An Interview with the Blazers? Interactive Marketing & Media Director The Lounge 1
Chef Patrick Interview with Elliot Silver Non-Indian Domains 5
Ceres Interview with an Indian Entrepreneur The Lounge 4
B Interview! The Lounge 4
Prashant Sharan Domainer Donna Mahony seeks fin help through GoFundMe Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Schwartz rocks in his Podcast at Domainer.com.au Resources 0
Prashant Sharan "The Domainer Show" discusses 16 Years of DNJournal & Domain Industry History Resources 0
Prashant Sharan ESQwire : Domainer friendly law firm rolls out redesigned web site Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Australia doesn't want Domainer Guests New GTLDs 0
JulienJ How to Become a ‘Rockstar Domainer’ by Developing Your Own Domain Assets Development Options 0
JulienJ Round Two: .COM Domain Values List, “Domainer Domains”, Not Much Change Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ 21 DAYS TO BECOMING A BETTER DOMAINER Resources 21
domainking131 Domainer files lawsuit claiming Roxi.com is stolen Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Jeff Indian Domainer Pankaj Vijayvargiya Profiled General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
domainking131 Namebio turns 10. It's one of the most useful tools for a domainer Resources 2
domainking131 Chinese Domainer Maizi Acquired Another Two Letter Domain SR.cn! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Chinese Domainer Acquired A Portfolio of Over 1200 LLL.net Domains Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 I didn't know the potential of .IN until I met a fellow domainer General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainking131 Shane Bellone: The domainer Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 The Brandable Insider: Seven Qualities of a Successful Domainer Resources 1
domainking131 Here’s why domainer Tim Schoon chooses eBay to auction off 150 LLLL.com Non-Indian Domains 0
T HI, I am a newbie domainer from New Delhi, India Introduce Yourself 6
domainking131 Indian Domainer Aishwin Vikhona featured on Namescon website The Lounge 0