Internet Savvy Indian Politician - Rajeev Chandrasekhar

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I don't know much about Indian politics, but I was really impressed by this particular Member of Parliament - Rajeev Chandrasekhar.

He's got his own website, and it's on a .in domain:
Rajeev Chandrasekhar

He's got a blog:
Rajeev Chandrasekhar's official blog | Elections 2009 - An Insider's View of Indian Democracy

He's on Twitter:
Rajeev Chandrasekhar (rajeev_mp) on Twitter

He's on Facebook:
Rajeev Chandrasekhar | Facebook

He posts on Indiblogger:
Rajeev Chandrasekhar's blog

He has even set up a YouTube channel:
YouTube - rajeevbengaluru's Channel

To be so internet savvy is so impressive.

His website is well done. And he has a background as an entrepreneur which is quite impressive.

Sounds like he's ahead of everyone else.

I notice the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is still using BJP.org as its official site. :eek:

hey if u use google adsense you must have seen the ad of bjp leader LKAdvani, he even got a website LKAdvani.in xD this is tech savvy too!

add info: if bjp wins, then LKAdvani would be the Prime Minister, but if Congress Wins then Same old PM & President May roll up for 5 yrs! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't seen this site - the ads probably only display in India.

LKAdvani.in is really professionally done - I'm quite impressed with the site!

Yahoo and Google are setting up special internet websites for the election:
Yahoo, Google Set Up Web Sites for Election in India - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership

Yahoo!'s site is at:
Lok Sabha Elections 2009 | India Elections 2009 | General Elections - Yahoo! India Elections

Google's site is at:
Lok Sabha Elections 2009

Google, for example, estimates that 25 million of India's 45 million Internet users are of voting age and are actively looking online for information on the elections and other issues.

I thought this was interesting:

[India's internet] users are concentrated in large urban constituencies where they could help swing the vote in favor of one party or the other, analysts said.

About 60 percent of Internet users come from eight large metropolitan areas which account for 50 seats to the Lok Sabha,

infact if you see..most of the political party names are already taken..may be by domainers, but nevertheless..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom