Interesting article - NIXI

IT.com
Interesting article, thanks!

If it goes ahead it sounds like Indian internet traffic will move a lot more quickly. Although I note a comment that says that it's cheaper to route traffic out of India and back in.

I'm not sure it will impact .in directly though.

The planning to route the traffic thru NIXI is a symptom of a big issue. The "big issue" is how to control internet. It is not an issue with India alone. All other midia- print, mobile, TV - are controlled using ownership management. For example, newspaper not having > 50% share owned by Indians are not allowed to get circulated in India. The problem with internet is that the same / similar model can not be used. Till now ISPs are mostly used for contolling the net, unsuccessfully.
It is our opinion, however, is that the ccTLD (now Jeff will see how the article is important for him) is the best way to control the net. Though it will take away our liberty and libery is more precious than anything else.

Its looking like they are going to block some websites like file sharing, pirated music websites etc . Anounsmas hacker group was hacked reliance ISP and blocked google, fb, twitter etc websites.. I think they are going to make control on internet.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom