INForum Server Issues

IT.com

Ceres

Apparently, our host moved servers yesterday. As a result, we have experienced some problems with INForum. Most of the issues have now been resolved, but there are still a few problems. Please bear with us...

Yes, Ceres is correct.

Without warning, our host decided to move us to a new server. We didn't have a chance to prepare. The migration went poorly and I had to reinstall the whole website. There are still some issues with this (vbseo, stats, advertisers, and email not working properly).

To boot, some posts were made on the "old" forum after the migration officially took place, so these posts weren't migrated. If you find a post of yours from the last 24 hours missing, that is what happened to it.

your host moved you without permission or even informing.
I wonder why you are still with them. its time to search for new host

Thanks everyone. I think that everything is working again!

If you notice anything that's not, please let me know.

its ok......i only made a fuss on twitter about inforum being down :)

Heh, yes I saw that - good stuff :)

your host moved you without permission or even informing.
I wonder why you are still with them. its time to search for new host

In time I probably will. I actually have a dedicated host that I'm in the process of moving to a new hosting company, so that's a priority and a big job.

what host do you use, Jeff? Apart from this incident, how do you rate them?

We were down for about 18 hours earlier this month and 2 hours on another day this month.

Up until this month though, everything was pretty much fine.

Maybe we should add a hosting forum so that we can discuss these issues in more detail. Having a bad host can be really detrimental.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom