INDRP - Combined.IN another horrendous decision

IT.com
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There's a paucity of discussion in the member's findings - only 3 very brief paragraphs.

This is very bad news for .IN domain owners, I cannot believe they have done that with a generic keyword! It's disgusting and could mean that we as owners of .INs names could be targeted in the future by other companies for our keywords! :(

Nearly all investments are risky. We have to look at the number of domains lost in dispute, regarding the number of domains into investors hands.

Do we have only 1 member on the forum that lost a domain in INDRP? I don't think so.
What if an investor lose 1 domain like this, regarding the hundred/thousand he owns?

Just invest in market shares or real estate: some shares will go down, some properties will no sell.
Guys, investment 100% guaranteed are very rare, especially when ROI are expected to be very high!

Nearly all investments are risky. We have to look at the number of domains lost in dispute, regarding the number of domains into investors hands.

Do we have only 1 member on the forum that lost a domain in INDRP? I don't think so.
What if an investor lose 1 domain like this, regarding the hundred/thousand he owns?

Just invest in market shares or real estate: some shares will go down, some properties will no sell.
Guys, investment 100% guaranteed are very rare, especially when ROI are expected to be very high!
THANK YOU!!!
Even if this INDRP's decision is flawed and alarming, when we go by the nmbers, our .in domains are relatively safe.

When will inforum get the dislike button? we need one IMO.

Probably the only way to make INDRP properly work at the moment is to fill lawsuits in Indian courts, as Nat Cohen of Telepathy did: he lost fls.in/fls.co.in in INDRP but won two lawsuits in Indian court and saved both names. I guess most of generic domains such as combined.in could be saved in Indian courts. Just read how the judge blamed INDRP arbitrator in fls.in case (or fls.co.in, do not remember exactly): according to the judge, INDRP arbitrator simply didn't give a sh*t about respondent's claims.

In my opinion, more significant is ratio of INDRP cases won by complainants/respondents. At present out of 700+ INDRP decisions, maybe up to 10 cases were ruled against complainants, but not necessarily in favor of respondents - recall cases of business.in and similar ones.

I wonder if anybody at all asks serious questions to NIXI/INDRP officials at domain conferences regarding that.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be so negative in regards to my comments, my only aim was to initiate further discussion in relation to what I believe could 'possibly' set off a negative legal precedent in relation to holders of .IN domain names of which I am also a big investor myself. I obviously hope that it does not, but other parties have recently mentioned previous similar cases too and this is currently not good for .IN

But on a positive note, I still believe .IN has a great future ahead for sure.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom